Clothes

Clothes

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Eight

“There you are.” The nurse smiled. “Did they already recruit you for styling?”

“No Elizabeth was in there trying on everything they own and I decided that I wanted to watch.” I smiled. She didn’t say anything else as she quickly changed my bandage and then with her nod Eli pushed me out of the room.

“Are you ready to get prettied up?” Steven asked and I laughed but nodded. Eli picked me up and sat me in the chair and then all of Steven’s assistants started on me.

“Your turn!” Elizabeth exclaimed turning to Eli.

“Yes it is.” I smiled and then whispered in her ear, “Why don’t you help Steven pick him out something?”

“Make him pretty?” She checked.

“Yes.” I promised and she ran over to Steven.

“Bree told me to help you find his clothes.” She told him and Eli just smiled moving over to me.

“You know what one of my favorite things about you is?” He asked.

“Nope.” I smiled looking up at him but he didn’t tell me. “Well…?” I stressed.

“Later.” He sighed as Elizabeth took his hand and pulled on him. I frowned but smiled as he took off after her.

“Okay is everybody ready?” Olivia asked coming in and smiling as she watched Elizabeth run around.

“Hey Bree?” Elizabeth asked.

“Yes?”

“Can we go to the lake when we get home?”

“Of course.” I smiled and she hugged me.

“Interview time.” Eli smiled taking the handles on the wheelchair and rolling us forward.

“Hello.” August smiled when we reached the sitting room.

“Hi.” I giggled as Eli picked me up and put me on the couch. He sat down beside me and I curled up into his side. Elizabeth jumped up into Eli’s lap though and I laughed.

“So we’re here with our Winners…” August started, “Brenin and Eli.” He smiled, “Our mates. I guess the first question everybody out there would like to know is who is this little girl?”

“My baby sister.” I smiled, “Say hi Elizabeth.” I told her and she smiled.

“Hi.” She moved over and hugged August. “Austin told me that you were one of the many to thank for bringing Bree back to me.” She explained and I turned into Eli.

“Well everybody that helped is sitting out there watching us on t.v.” He told her.

“Then thank you to everybody.” She smiled excitedly and added, “You guys are also the ones who gave me another person to love.” I looked over at her in shock like always at how fast she could command the attention of everybody by how loving she was. She moved back over to Eli though and he picked her up sitting her back up in his lap.

“So Eli… Brenin stabbed you with a stick in order to keep you from the trap… how are you handling that?”

“Well we all healed and since she didn’t kill herself in the process… there’s no reason not to forgive.” He promised and I smiled leaning farther into him.

“And Brenin… you were shot twice during the Choosing… how are you healing?”

“I’m pretty much completely healed.” I smiled. “The Nurse told me yesterday that by the time I’m home I will be healed.”

“Good…” He smiled and turned to Elizabeth, “You were staying with Austin while your sister was here. How did that feel?”

“Normal.” She laughed, “Austin’s always at home anyway.” She shrugged, “The only difference was that Bree wasn’t there.” She frowned and I took her hand.

“Well I was told we only had a few minutes because the Nurses would like to see you, Brenin.” August said and Eli moved Elizabeth and put me in the wheelchair. The Nurse came and wheeled me away while he and Elizabeth finished the interviews.

“Okay now we are going to let you head home.” The Nurse told me and I smiled.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell