Worry

Worry

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Thirteen

“I couldn’t sleep.” I whispered when Eli ran up to the roof of the train. I wrapped my arms around him in apology knowing that he was worried. “I’m sorry. I didn’t want to wake you up and our babies are extremely hyper tonight.”

“We’ll have to make sure that we explain that they have a bedtime.”

“I don’t think we can do that until they are older.” I shrugged but smiled as his arms wrapped around me.

“What?” He whispered.

“They calmed.” I smiled up at him and just leaned into his chest. He picked me up and carried me off to bed at that and just wrapped his arms tightly around me in bed.

“You know now that you woke me up…” He trailed off but the intent was obvious. I laughed kissed him softly.

“When they wake me up again then I’ll let you have me. For now… I’m taking advantage of their quiet.” I promised and he smiled kissing me again.

“Are you sure?” He smiled and I sighed when he nibbled on my neck. I pulled the covers back over us and he smiled eagerly knowing my choice. I slept well the rest of the night and when I woke up in the morning Eli wasn’t there. I groaned getting up and walking to the bathroom. I took a long hot shower and then slowly got dressed.

“Good morning Bree.” Olivia smiled when she saw me and I heard Eli stand up in the dining room.

“Good Morning.” I smiled and walked past her to the dining room.

“Hey…” Eli smiled kissing me.

“Hi.” I sighed but then flinched.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing… the babies are just fighting.” I admitted, “They are a lot stronger than Nurse said they would be.”

“That’s because Nurse doesn’t know that you’re a vampire.” He smiled, “The babies are vampire too.”

“So that means…”

“That means they will change when they turn seventeen no matter what.” He explained, “Until then they will be stronger than the other humans and will need blood to survive.” I leaned into him happily.

“Will anything be different with them since I changed during the pregnancy?”

“I don’t think so. If anything you’ll go into labor earlier.” He shrugged but I saw his nerves.

“We’ll have to make this one fast too then.”

“There is no we, Bree.” He warned, “You will be staying out of the action.”

“We’ll see.” I shrugged.

“I’m serious Bree.” He snapped, “I won’t have you risking my children. You’ll hide this entire Choosing and I will fight for all four of us.” I nodded slowly and touched his cheek.

“It will be okay Eli.” I whispered. “I’ll be okay.” He nodded slowly and watched me sit down before sitting with me.

“Let’s just eat.” He requested and I nodded sipping on blood.

“We’re here.” Olivia told us later and I nodded understanding that we were at the country. “You will have until tomorrow. I suggest you go to sleep early tonight because Steven will be here bright and early to get you dressed.” I nodded again and just moved up into Eli’s chair.

“Are you okay?” He whispered that night when I curled around him.

I looked up at him for a minute, “I’m scared Eli.” I admitted and his arms tightened.

“I will keep the three of you safe.” He promised softly. “I won’t lose any of you.”

“I trust you.” I promised.

“Then try to get some sleep.” He requested, “I don’t know how much you’ll get once we’re in the Choosing.” I nodded and tried to sleep but it felt like the babies were pacing around in my stomach.

“I’m going to go get some warm milk.” I whispered to Eli.

“Are you okay?”

“It just feels like the babies are pacing.” I shrugged.

“They feel your stress.” He whispered tightening his arms before adding, “Please don’t move.” I nodded slowly and just let him hold me.

“Are you ready…?” Olivia cut off when she walked in and I felt Eli shaking his head on mine.

“Let me know when Steven gets here and then I’ll wake her up.” Eli whispered and I just turned farther into him letting my eyes close again. The babies had finally fallen asleep a couple hours before and surprisingly I had fallen right to sleep.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell