Plans

Plans

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Seventeen

“… so he’s in the prison…” President McGuire cut off when I walked in.

“Continue.” I told her. “I’m going with you to save him.” Everybody looked at Rose. “I’m going to leave her with Elizabeth during the time it takes to save him. We both need him.”

“What did you name her?” Cally asked.

“Rosalie.” I said simply and she looked up at me her hand staying on my neck but I wasn’t answering her questions so she gave up and put her hand down turning into my chest. She snuggled up into my breast and I smiled when a second later her soft murmurs came.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Daniel asked.

“I’m sure I’m going to do this. It’s you I’m not sure if I trust enough to bring with us.” I warned. “Eli wanted you with me though and so I’m going to allow it.” President McGuire turned to me.

“Are you suddenly in charge of this mission?”

“Is he anybody else’s soul mate and husband?” I questioned, “No then yes I’m in charge.” I warned, “I will respect you as president but I will be in charge of this mission to save my husband.”

“I’ve seen you in the Choosing I want you in our army. That is after Rose is old enough to be away from you for more than a couple days.” She added and I nodded.

“I will be in your army if you let me have control of this mission.” I compromised and she nodded.

“Do you want anybody else?”

“No. I don’t trust any of them enough. I do request that you wait with my sister and Austin’s wedding until we get back.”

“I’m going with you Bree.” Austin said in the door.

“Are you sure that Elizabeth won’t need you?”

“She has your dad. I talked to her about it. She wants me to help you and she wants the time to get to know her father.” I nodded slowly not in the mood to argue over the fact that I don’t trust him one bit. “Bree he saved you from the fire. Just because he couldn’t save you from everything else doesn’t mean that you can’t trust him to keep her safe.”

“I’ll stay and help her with Rose.” Cally stood up and I nodded smiling.

“Thank you.” I whispered and she reached for Rose. “I want to keep her with me for now.” I whispered, “She will be in my arms until the second we leave.” She nodded and I just watched as she walked out to watch after Elizabeth with Dad.

“Okay what’s the plan?” Phillip asked.

“We land in the woods between Austen and Keithton. Then we don’t have to worry about soldiers and guards.” They nodded. “We need a map of Keithton.” I told them and suddenly the screen in the room was a map of the capital. “Thank you.” I told Ethan and then I looked at the map. I circled the prison with my finger and a red circle appeared. “It’s exactly in the middle of the state. It’s beside the Presidents house.” They nodded. “We will land in one of these places.” I put an X on the side of the capital that Austen was. On the other side of the capital was Bendville. I added an X there then turned to Daniel. “You live in Bendville. Which woods would be easier to get a clear path to the prison?”

“Austen. Bendville is the last section of the country and they don’t trust people to not try to escape so there are more guards in those woods.” I nodded at his direction.

“So we will go in here.” I pointed to the woods between Austen and clicked the eraser erasing quickly the other X. I zoomed in so that only that side of the prison was showing. Suddenly though the map was gone and the Capital t.v was there.

“You need to see this.” President McGuire told me and then I watched as they brought Eli on the stage with August.

“Eli, do you have any idea where they would take Bree?” August asked and I realized that Eli had convinced them that I was kidnapped.

“No.” Eli whispered, “They wanted the baby. They convinced me that they were helping and then… they took her away.”

“Where though?”

“I wish I knew. I would go save her.” He turned to the screen. “Bree if you are watching this don’t worry I will come get you and our baby. Just don’t let them hurt you. I love you.”

“They’ve managed to mess with his memories.” Ethan told me and I turned to him. “The government has ways of messing with memories. He now only remembers that we wanted to protect the baby in order to help us understand how to procreate again. He thinks we’ve kidnapped you and you are the one being held captive.” He explained and I looked at him.

“How does this change things?”

“You’ll need to remind him of something that the government doesn’t know about sometimes it will spark the memories. We will all need to know the memory so that whoever finds him will be safe.” I nodded and thought for a second and then smiled.

“Tell him about the fact that I hate Daniel.” I told them. “Remind him that he made me agree to let Daniel protect me. Nobody but us would know that. We were talking too low.”

“Everybody knows that you hate Daniel.” Chelsea laughed.

“But they don’t know what he made me agree to.” I pointed out and they all nodded, “It’s just the latest things I can think of that would pop into his mind.” I sighed.

“Okay well when do we want…” Simon cut off with Rose’s cry.

“Baby girl… you be good.” I told her rocking her and she placed her hand on my neck. I flinched as her pictures of blood ran through my head but I walked to the door. “I’ll be back Rose needs…bl…ood” I trailed off as a Nurse brought in a bottle of blood. “Thank you.” I smiled as Rose’s thoughts became eager. I lifted the bottle to her lips and she started to drink.

“When do we want to leave?” Simon asked.

“As soon as everything can be put into place.” I told them and President McGuire left. We sat in the room planning for another few hours and then President McGuire came back in.

“You leave tomorrow.” She told me and I nodded, “At about ten.” I nodded again and walked out.


© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell