Rescue

Rescue

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Eighteen

“Bree?” Elizabeth asked and I looked across the room at Dad.

“I’m going to leave you and Cally in charge of Rose.” I told her. “Tomorrow morning I will be leaving to go find Eli.” She nodded slowly and just looked at me.

“I saw the interview.” She whispered, “How do you know that he won’t try to ‘save’ you?”

“They said that a memory the government doesn’t know about should trigger the real memories.” I whispered and she nodded. She slept in my bed with me that night and I just stayed up holding onto Rose. At nine the next day I handed Rose to Cally and walked onto the plane. I sat nervously in the front while we bounced more plans off each other.

“Okay.” I spoke up when we got off the plane a mile away from Keithton. “We stay in pairs. If somebody gets caught we use the arrows to get just enough people to get them free. Then we keep going. We don’t stop until Eli is with us in the plane.” I warned and we all started walking through the woods. We stopped at a diner in Keithton for lunch and then kept going. We made it to the prison easily and then the real challenge came.

“How do you want to do this?” Daniel whispered to me. I had partnered with him so that I could keep with the agreement I’d made with Eli.

“Ethan said that there are tunnels.” I whispered, “We need to go about a mile behind the prison and go underground.” I sighed and then I gestured for everybody to group up and walk together to the tunnels.

“This has been a lot easier than we expected.” Simon told me. “I think they are counting on Eli convincing you that we aren’t safe.”

“Then when we get to the cell I’ll go inside alone.” I whispered. “Then he won’t immediately call for everybody.” They nodded and I took the lead. Soon we were inside the prison and I walked straight into Eli’s cell.

“Bree.” Eli whispered wrapping his arms around me.

“Come on Eli we have to go.” I told him.

“No. I’m not letting them kidnap you again. Did they get the baby?” He looked at me.

“No our baby girl, Rosalie…” I saw something change in his face as I told him her name, “She’s with Elizabeth. Perfectly safe.” I promised him putting my face in his chest. “Eli?” I asked looking up, “Do you remember what you told me when I told you that I hated Daniel?”

“That I wanted you to be with him when I…” He trailed off and panic came to his face. “We have to leave, Bree. They are planning something.”

“Who’s planning something?”

“The government.” He told me quickly leading me back out of his cell and he smiled when he saw Daniel.

“We had an agreement.” I explained and his arm tightened.

“We need to leave.” Eli told Simon, “I hope you have weapons with you.”

“Yes. We wouldn’t have done this without them. We are hoping to have you and Bree back with your daughter before the end of the night.” Simon promised Eli and Chelsea lead us back into the tunnels. Eli lead us through the shadows and when the soldiers and guards went on high-alert because of him being missing he pulled us out of the state on the side and took off running pulling me up into his arms as we ran. He ran right up into the plane and then just sat me in his lap.

“I should probably warn you before we get to the country…” I started looking up at Eli.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing… it’s just. It seems that the baby took some of my change. Leaving me part human and her part vampire. She ages quickly. I had her only a few days ago and she looks like she should be months old. Oh and she can already tell me her thoughts.” He looked worried.

“When Rose touches Bree she can transfer her thoughts to Bree.” Chelsea explained.

“It doesn’t work on anybody else but I think it probably will once it progresses some.” Ethan told him and Eli just tightened his arms.


© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell