Questions and COonfusion

Questions and COonfusion

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Twenty-Four

“Bree?” President McGuire asked and I looked up. “We need your help in order to free the vampires from Keithton.” She explained and I turned confused. “They are committing genocide.” She explained again. “We aren’t really going to have you fight but we do need shots of you walking around looking healthy again.”

“But she’s not healthy.” Daniel said and I looked up at him. “She will never feel completely safe in her body again.” More confusion registered and he whispered, “I went through it before.” I sighed and stood up walking over to him. He looked at my wrists and nodded, “Yeah the pain helps clear your mind.” He nodded, “One day though you’ll have to learn to control it yourself.” I suddenly thought about how many times he stopped what he was doing and held onto the back of a chair for dear life and knew he was right.

“Help me.” I whispered and he nodded.

“I want to go with her.” He told President McGuire. “I know the signs of when it’s getting too difficult. I will be able to protect him and her from her.” I froze at the ‘him’ knowing exactly who was coming.

“We leave in two minutes.” President McGuire warned and Daniel led me out of the building and onto a plane. I saw Eli and quickly dug my wrists into the cuffs.

“You are already doing better than I did.” Daniel promised softly and I nodded.

“How do I get her back?” I head Eli whispering after I’d curled up beside Daniel and closed my eyes.

“Give her time. She’ll never be the same again but… well neither will you.”

“I wish it was me that had been captured.” He whispered and then they were quiet. Daniel carried me off the plane when it landed and eventually I pulled away and watched him help everybody put up the tents.

“You will be outside.” Daniel told me and I nodded.

“Guards.” I whispered and he nodded.

“We’ll all take shifts. Two each shift.” He looked over at Eli and added, “I don’t want you in the group.” Eli shook his head but that night he didn’t join the guard. I didn’t sleep instead focused on keeping under control. I hadn’t told anybody how scared I was of the dark now but when Daniel took his turn at midnight he nodded and pulled me in close to him.

“I remember the fear.” He whispered and pulled out a small flashlight handing it to me. “Try to sleep now.” He told me as I turned on the flashlight.

It was the next night that Eli joined Daniel. “Your favorite color is green.” I whispered looking at Eli. “True or False?”

“True.” He whispered softly but his face seemed like it hurt him to look at me.

“My name is Brenin Lee Hampton.” I whispered looking only at him surprised to find that with him closer I didn’t fear him as much, “True or False?”

“True.” He smiled some though.

“I am your Mate.” I whispered.

“True.” He smiled again.

“We had a daughter.”

“True.”

“I killed her.”

“False.” He shook his head quickly, “She died from a fever not from you.” He promised me gently.

“I should have taken better care of her.” I shook my head.

“False.” He shook his head again, “You were the best mother I have ever seen. Our child absolutely loved you and would cry if she couldn’t get close enough to touch you.” He provided.

“I don’t remember what she looked like.” I whispered and then stood up. Daniel stood up with me and I looked around to find that Austin and Elizabeth and Commander Paylor and Dad had all come out of their tents and listened to my first conversation with Eli.

“I know you don’t remember much about yourself.” Daniel whispered, “Eli will be the best person to get that from. I’m also going to add Elizabeth and Austin to the clock. The three people that know you best.” He promised and when the sun began to rise we walked back into the camp.


© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell