A Rough Day

A Rough Day

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Twenty-Five

“I want to try to get a shot.” The cameraman said.

“Okay.” Daniel whispered but then looked at me. “I’m going to have to undo your wrists.”

“No.” I begged and he nodded.

“They need to be hidden.” The cameraman told Daniel.

“She’s not doing this today.” He shook his head and then added, “It’s a bad day.” He turned quickly to Austin. “I’m putting you in charge of making sure he doesn’t get in her sight today.”

“I…” I trailed off suddenly scared that I would hurt Eli if he was close. I nodded and walked with Daniel deeper into the woods with everybody following.

“Make a bow.” Daniel whispered the next morning, “If you keep your hands busy then it will be easier.” He promised handing me a knife.

“Is that smart when he’ll be sitting next to her?” Austin asked.

“He will make her less fearful with as close as they’ll be sitting.” Daniel whispered, “It’s the one thing that the programmers will never be able to fight. Mates.” Eli moved to sit beside me and I quickly started on my bow at least until he was sitting beside me. I moved up into his hold when he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and he smiled.

“Daniel’s right.” Eli whispered and then added, “I want her with me for now on.”

“No.” I shook my head.

“This is why I didn’t let you know about it yesterday.” Daniel snapped. “It will be harder for her to deal with her other fears if she’s constantly worried about losing control and killing you.” I pulled completely away at that but Eli pulled me back to him.

“We’ll get through this like we did the choosings…” Eli whispered, “Together. The way we should have handled Rose’s death.” I nodded and put my head in his chest for the first time in what felt like years relaxing.

Suddenly though a memory came and I yanked away from him quickly digging my wrists into the cuffs and then going as far as punching a tree. “What memory do you have?” Daniel whispered pulling me into him and I let my tears of fear fall into his chest. He held me close the rest of the day but Eli stayed in sight and that was good.

“What’s my favorite color?” I whispered that night when Austin was sitting beside me.

“The yellow of an Easter Lily.” He whispered and I smiled some as I thought of the color. I nodded accepting it and leaned back on the rock. “Do you really not remember anything?” He asked.

“I don’t know what things are true and what are fake. It makes me confused about everything.” I whispered, “You love me?” I questioned.

“True.” He nodded.

“Commander Paylor is my brother?”

“True.” I spent the rest of the night bouncing my thoughts off Elizabeth and Austin but when Eli joined the circle with Daniel in the morning I fell silent.

“What’s wrong?” Eli asked.

“Keithton wants me dead.” I whispered but nobody would answer, “True or False?” I snapped at them.

“True.” Austin whispered softly and looked at Eli, “They were hoping that you would have to be the one to kill her. They could break both of you at the same time. We have the videos.” Austin explained.


© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell