The End

The End

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Twenty-Eight

‘That will be you if you let them try to fix you.’ A voice came only I recognized it as the guy’s voice that had shot me during my first Choosing. I started screaming only this time Eli came running in.

“I know these nightmares.” Eli warned Daniel pulling him out of the bed.

“He’s alive.” I whispered, “The guy that shot me the first Choosing. He’s alive and he’s in charge of the nightmares.” I managed and then shot myself into Eli’s arms. I knew he could make these nightmares leave.

“He’s not alive. They are just using his voice. I killed him myself.” Eli promised. “They know that his voice will bring your own nightmares up along with theirs.” He sounded like his normal comforting self for the first time since I’d gotten back and I just curled up around him.

“True or False.” I whispered up to Eli, “I love you and you love me.”

“The truest thing in the world.” He promised me with a smile.

“Danny told me that all the nightmares of you trying to kill me were false.” I whispered.

“He was right.” He promised, “I’ve only ever tried to save you.” He whispered.

“True or False… there is a snake in the corner.” I whispered nervously.

“False.” He promised tightening his hold. “There’s nothing but us.” I sighed and closed my eyes leaning into him and falling asleep.

“No nightmares.” I sighed when I woke up and I looked up at Eli to find him staked. “Nurse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed, “NURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She came running and quickly started to work on Eli pushing me out of the room and into Danny. “True or False.” I whispered, “I did that to him.”

“I don’t know.” Danny whispered and I collapsed. He picked me up and put me into a bed at that.

“I don’t want anybody close to me.” I whispered, “I’m going back to the wild.” I warned getting up and Danny immediately stood up too. “Without you. It’s your fault that I was back here to hurt him anyway.” I snapped and walked right out of the city and to the wild. I kept walking when we got to our cave and went straight into Fila and then to the Justice building in the square.

“Brenin Hampton.” The mechanical voice said when I pricked my finger and gave some blood. “Wanted.” It continued and I was on a train to Keithton within two minutes. They kept guards with me even though it was obvious that I was surrendering.

“Brenin.” President Simpson, the president of Keithton and all fourteen states, smiled when he entered the cart. “Thank you for coming.”

“I want my loved ones safe.” I whispered.

“Of course. Only thing is you have to choose do we save Daniel or Elliot.”

“Eli.” I whispered a few seconds later immediately feeling guilty but I didn’t have a choice I loved Eli more than anything. Daniel had tried to save me but I knew that there was no saving.

“Then I think we should get you on t.v to tell the world the news. You are surrendering yourself into our custody in exchange that your husband, sister, and Austin are safe.” I nodded and half an hour later I was back on stage with August.

“Well Brenin, or Bree.” August smiled, “We sure have missed you here in Keithton.” He promised.

“I wish I could say the same.” I mumbled darkly.

“Well President Simpson said you had something important to tell everybody in our lovely country.”

“Yes.” I whispered standing up. “I am surrendering to President Simpson. In exchange for my surrender he has promised that Eli, Elizabeth, and Austin will be safe.” I told him.

“But what about Daniel? You two are cozy now aren’t you?”

“I had three to choose.” I told him, “I chose the three people in this world that mean more than life to me.”

“I have to say we are relieved then that your list is the way it is.” August promised and a guard came up and took my arm. They pulled me downstage but I saw the camera follow and then I saw the stake.

“A true vampire death.” President Simpson smiled, “This is the start to what we will do to every vampire that commits a crime against us.” He warned throwing me to a guard and they tied me to the stake. I felt a nightmare come and so I twisted my wrists painfully in the rope and waited until I took back control before paying attention to what was going on around me.

“Idiot.” Austin snapped as he broke President Simpson’s neck. “You are a complete idiot Brenin Lee.” He warned moving to undo my wrists.

“Keep them tied.” I begged finding Daniel but turning to Eli, “Please… they are…” I cut off again twisting my wrists into the rope.

“She’s using the rope in order to keep control enough to not kill all three of us. They are forcing nightmares.”

“We’re getting rid of this government. There’s enough humans in the districts that want a revolution that we can pull it off. Count it like this now. This government has just been executed. Until farther notice you are under Moore control.” Eli cut off the camera as he finished and he took off for the top floor.

“Where is he going?” I whispered to Austin.

“To make sure that they can’t add nightmares to you anymore.” He promised and I understood he was going to destroy this whole place. Austin took my elbow and led me out of the building and just as it all caught fire Eli joined us and wrapped his arms around me pulling me into his chest. I put my face comfortably against his shirt and just sighed as the nightmares calmed.

“Now they will at least have to give you a few months of a break.” Daniel whispered.

“Daniel…” I started.

“I understand, Bree.” He promised cutting me off.

“I’m still sorry.” I whispered but Eli wrapped his arms around me and led me away from the city.

“Everything will be fine now.” Eli whispered to me.

“Promise?”

“I promise.” He sighed and Daniel moved up and took my hand.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell