Girls just want to have fun

Girls just want to have fun

A Chapter by Matthew Kult

Everything looked old fashioned, with simple buildings.  Yet when I walked into Mary's home it was far from simple.   Everything looked so modern, so like home.   I giggled a bit, as I was just amazed at how big the inside was.   I walked into a cottage and found a mansion inside.  There was a set of staircases that led to a second level, which was impossible.   There were rooms to either the left or right and another door directly under the balcony of the staircases.  It reminded me of a cartoon. 

 

"Everything here is so amazing,  I would not have guessed this was the inside of your home."   Mary only looked back at me with a simple smile.   

 

"I'd give you the tour, but I am afraid we are running very late."

 

"Are all the homes like this?"  A giggling came from above as I looked up to find Kylie sitting on the rail of the balcony looking down at me.  

 

"This is paradise, of course they all look like this."

 

"Paradise? Of course.   This is wonderland after all."  I couldn't help but giggle some more.   "I would think that my paradise wouldn't be so snowy."  

 

"Your Paradise?"   The little girl was giggling with me, but I had the feeling she was not giggling at the same thought I was giggling.   It would be like my dream to try to counterdict what I think.  

 

"Well it's my dream...."

 

"Dream?"   She dropped from the balcony to the floor without even a hesitation.   She landed on her feet and was walking toward me slowly.    Mary, who had left the room, returned with a purple ball gown.     "You think this is a dream?"  

 

"How else do you explain Mansions in cottages, wolves that talk, and me wandering through a snowy paradise?"  The little girl's giggle stopped and Mary's smile faded.   I found myself in a state of confusion.    Kylie walked up to me, smiled softly, and pulled the cap off my bald head.   She traced her fingers over my scalp with her head turned gently to the side.   She smiled and backed away.   I was about to explain to her why I was bald, I had to do that a few times with my younger relatives when they came to see me.     The words never came out as hair fell into my eyes.   

 

My hands gripped hair on my head.   I could feel the texture, I could see the strands.  I could see my hair.   It had been a long time and I could feel the smile on my face.   I just reached out and hugged Kylie, hard and tight.   

 

"Do you be...."  She was cut off.

 

"Ladies, we need to be getting dressed.   We are late.   We don't want to miss the festivities."  Mary walked up to Kylie who was looking at Mary with a confused look.  

 

"Why can't I go like this? That dress is going to ruin my dancing mojo." Kylie had her hands on her hips.   She started twirling her arms out from her body doing a little cabbage patch dance, then started to get her hips involved.

 

"You know it's formal, it's a special night.   I would think you of all would be willing to get dressed, now please Kylie..." Before Mary was even done with her words Kylie and the dress were gone, and her jumpsuit rested on the floor near my feet.   "Sometimes, it's like dealing with Children.  Come Alexis,  we need to get you fitted."

 

There I was, standing on a small lift, looking into a mirror, but I didn't know who was staring back at me.   Whoever she was, she was beautiful.  Her sandy blonde hair fell to her bare shoulders, framing my face which was perfect.   Ruby red lipstick with a dark rouge to take a bit of the paleness away.   I was in a sweetheart neckline, sequin bodice and light chiffon layered skirt with center slit. It accented my curves by hugging my hips with multi-colored sequined fabric. Beneath the hips, the sequins slowly dissipate, which gave the flowing cascade of fabric a little more drama.   I was left speechless.

 

Kylie was off to my right looking at a single standing mirror.   She wore a crystal blue satin bodice with sweetheart strapless neckline which was decorated with a sparkling beading design and overlaid with tulle draping. Circular tulle, ballgown skirt with beaded edging the asymmetrically draped over-skirt and corset tie back.

 

Mary was finishing up with some minor tailoring on my dress.   I couldn't take my eyes off myself, if I was to blend myself into my idea of perfection this would be it. I looked hot! And then it hit me.

 

"NO!" I pulled away from Mary who looked at me startled.

 

"What is it Alexis?  Are you okay?" She had a concerned look, but was not surprised. My dress did not have a lose stitch, didn't have a tear where I pulled away. She finished just before I surprised myself with the outburst. I looked over toward Kylie who started to do a little dance in the mirror.   I quickly looked back toward Mary, who had the softest most caring smile one could have. I just started to melt, the anxiety was gone. I turned back toward the mirror, to once again admire myself.

 

"That isn't me. I don't know who that is...but it isn't me." I walked up to the mirror, to study it, look at it, maybe even to admire it some, but I wasn't admiring me.   I was the sick almost dead girl who is suppose to be in bed. This has to be a dream.  Is it all a dream? If it is a dream, I don't want to wake up.  I...

 

"Just want to have fun!" Kylie had made her way to me and tucked her head between her arm and my dress. It looked like I had her in some head lock. I giggled at her and she only smiled.   "Come on, we have to be going. We don't want to be late.    Girls just wanna...Girls just wanna...just wanna....HAVE FUN!"   She laughed and giggled and I laughed and giggled.  The  sun came out, people were outside the windows.   We ran outside our dresses swished and swirled but flowed smoothly with ever twitch and twirl, every spin, every hug.    There were so many people outside.   The little  village I rode in was now a bustling metropolis.    The sky was a crystal blue with a golden orb.   Warmth and glee filled me, it was all so wonderful.   Everyone was in their best, whether it be a suit and tie or jeans and t-shirt, smokers or non, Adult or child, black, white, or somewhere in between, we were all happy, we were all just perfect.    I stopped to just take in it all.   A guitar was being strummed behind and I turned to see Jimmie with a smile on his face, his guitar in his hand.   He stopped a second, gave me a wink and a wave, and Kylie once again grabbed me by the hand and pulled me toward.  She pointed to Jimmie and with a sway of his head a familiar toon came to ear.  Kylie and I started to dance and a circle formed around the three of us.  Kylie and I danced a few steps, Jimmie took up behind us.    She stopped and sang.

 

"I come home in the morning light

My mother says

'When you going to live your life right?'

Oh my dear,

We are the fortunate ones

and girls, they wanna have fun

Oh girls, just wanna have fun!"

 

We danced and twirled in unison.   Jimmie played every cord and an unknown backup band started to play along.  Little girls in dresses of all the colors of the rainbow swarmed into our circles and joined us in dance.   

 

"The phone rings in the middle of the night

My father yells,

'What you gonna do with your life?'

Oh daddy dear,

You'll always be number one

But girls, they wanna have fun

Oh girls, just wanna have fun!

 

I danced and danced with every girl but I still felt alone.   And I missed them, I missed them both so much.   I didn't much want to dance anymore, I saw Mary in the crowd and stopped to wave and she she mouthed the words.   "Please believe"   And I looked to the sky, and a small cloud started to form in the sky.   I looked back toward Mary as the music faded.  For the first time, I realized I wasn't in a dream, but dead and in Paradise, but this wasn't my paradise.


"I am sorry, I can't leave them!"   I yelled at Her.   I had tears in my eyes and I ran.  The sky darkened and snow started to fall.   People faded and I found myself running back through the woods.   I was cold, so cold, but I was not ready.   I was not ready to leave everything behind, not my mother and not my sister.   I wanted to enjoy all of this but with them.    Why did I have to come and be alone here?   Why did I have to get sick?  Why couldn't I just be normal and be okay and live my life?   I ran and I ran as the snow started to pile first to my calves, then my knees and soon to my waist.   I was so cold, and could barely move any more.   I cried so hard, and became very tired. 

Something tapped on my forehead, it felt solid and hurt.   It did it again on top of my head.

  

 "Ouch! Would you please stop that?"  I turned to see a man in all black standing ontop of the snow.   He had a cane carved from wood that was the reddist of burgendy and carved to look like vines crawling up a tree.  He wore black robes with a black rope tied around his waist.   He was white skinned, but an albino white with black eyes and fangs, he smiled and sticked a serpent like tongue out at me.    

 

"She would like to see you."



© 2011 Matthew Kult


Author's Note

Matthew Kult
getting the idea down. A little brief I know but might add more later.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
Added on May 2, 2011
Last Updated on July 3, 2011


Author

Matthew Kult
Matthew Kult

ARNOLD, MO



About
My greatest sin is playing pretend. Acting as if a monster doesn't live within. And surely some I offend But allow me a chat. To show you what I feel It is madness not under a hat. As everything.. more..

Writing
Demon Demon

A Poem by Matthew Kult


Black Black

A Poem by Matthew Kult