My Beautiful Words

My Beautiful Words

A Poem by Max Rwizi, Jr.
"

This piece shows how people underestimate the power of their words. It seeks to enlighten people about how words can transform someone's life, negatively and positively.

"
I am a poet.
A god in the land of my own imagination where this pen is a wife to my emotions and this paper is a house, with all the tables and chairs.
My emotions are so passionate they make love to the pen and she gives birth to these words.
It's always comforting when I see these words play around the house but it pains me when some of these words refuse to go out and play because they are scared of what people might think of them.
Some of these words end up lonely because people might choose not to associate with them because they are deemed as bad influence in the eyes of society.
It's my greatest joy when I see some of these words move out of the house just to stay in someone's heart because they would have transformed that someone's life.
I get proud when some of these words join hands , to make a revolutionary change on issues affecting society.
Some of these words will cause blood shed but I know they will seek their mother's guidance because the pen is always mightier than the gun and some of these words will die because someone will find them too treasonous to live.
Oh my beautiful words.

© 2018 Max Rwizi, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So many layers to this piece... well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kay
I like the metaphors here. The second line "A god in the land of my own imagination where this pen is a wife to my emotions and this paper is a house, with all the tables and chairs" is lovely.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 11, 2018
Last Updated on March 11, 2018
Tags: #Poem, #Poetry #AfricanPoetry #Zimbabwe

Author

Max Rwizi, Jr.
Max Rwizi, Jr.

Harare, Christian, Zimbabwe



About
An Extroverted Introvert | Proudly Zimbabwean Whatsapp: +263779924523 more..

Writing