Broken Hearts

Broken Hearts

A Poem by Maya Waller

Your eyes pierce mine

Tears begin to snow

The snowflakes fall swiftly

Leaving no trace of existence

Your tears stop

Letting the silence talk

It whispers wordless thoughts

It withers in my grasp

My tears turn to waterfalls

Such beauty never being seen through your eyes



Alone

That’s all I am

That’s all I feel

It’s who I’ll always be without you



You speak slowly

Your words sting like venom

It’s an allergic reaction

My skin cringes

Each word stabs deep into my heart

It beats slowly

Trying to hold onto life as you throw me away

I’m nothing

And so…

My love ends with the emotionless expressions written on your face

© 2013 Maya Waller


Author's Note

Maya Waller
I know it's different, and the style is weird but please don't tell me to put things into it because I already know this sucks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the poem a lot. You described the sadness of heartbreak with great skill. People do not show concern for what they left behind. Your expression of sadness brought to life what separation can create. Thank you for the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


well I thought it showed a lot of emotion about a lost love or what you thought was real
I enjoyed reading

ron

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is nice, it shows a broken heart! #SadAndAlone

Posted 10 Years Ago


Maya this does NOT "suck," pure emotion never does. Most of us aren't professors here to tear you down, okay? We're just people...people that feel joy and pain just like yourself.

Keep at it...different is not necessarily a bad thing in writing.

Thanks for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Maya,
This poem was lovely. Poetry is all about expressing yourself and how you feel. Poetry can be viewed like stained glass to decorate your soul. It was very lovely and I think you have remarkable talent, dear.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This piece is fine! nothing about it to speak ill of. For me this speaks of how as time matches down our individual journey, we often feel as if it's passed us by, or if it's been cruel and the fog filled mirrors haven't shown us what we needed, or wished for.
Like we get trapped inside the flesh of an alien, the eyes that sting are the eyes reflecting back, that disagree with what we know to be true inside our soul.
I think it's completely human to have such times. When moments of that loneliness occurs I remind myself that I'm the producer of my own destiny and that any road is possible as long as I myself am will ing to try.

Great Ink! Thanks for sharing your shard of your emotions upon the page!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


Maya,

Never doubt when you put your heart and soul on paper for others to read. When it comes to expression who can tell you how to express you? Please keep in mind that when something is as emotional, sincere and devastating as this piece is,the sheer pain is felt and it doesn't matter what style it is; and quite frankly I think you did a wonderful job penning it! Write on, and don't ever second guess yourself! You took me for an emotional ride with this piece! Thanks for sharing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I will have to disagree with you, this is very good. Poetry is an expression of the poets thoughts, ideas and feelings. My opinion is that these can be painted on the page anyway you like. Controlled or abstract, read, digest, feel, learn and know. The poet is the painter, dare not suggest a color or brush stroke. Maya, I see great talent in your works. Nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 22, 2013
Last Updated on August 22, 2013
Tags: Heartbroken, relationship, sad, tears

Author

Maya Waller
Maya Waller

NC



About
I'm a young aspiring writer. I write mostly poetry and occasionally short stories. I have depression, and it controls my life most of the time. I tend to get writer's block often. I hope you like my w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Erasable Erasable

A Poem by Maya Waller