A cure for Gay

A cure for Gay

A Poem by Maya Storm
"

We have found a cure for same sex love! This is just for a laugh, don't get offended.

"

Introducing ‘Shake you straight’ from the makers of the ‘Christian slap’ and 'Muslim bomb Protection'

We have created a cure for gays, lesbians, bisexuals and Transgender all in a pink can.

 

We have found a cure for same sex love! Don’t get trapped with programs like:

 

Pray away the gay “homosexuality is not only wrong, but curable; rely on the power of prayer to make a miracle happen.”

 

Hug the gay away: Bring back the ‘distant same sex parent’ and have them hug you for 3 days straight.

 

Make friends with straight people, they will help you bend your curve.

 

Loss your same sex attraction by joining the ‘don’t ask don’t tell’ program, because denial is the perfect solution for something that is apart of your everyday life.

 

Other known unsuccessful programs include the following:

 

        • Exorcism of the gay demon
        • Shock therapy 
        • Hypnosis
        • 'Overdosing' On Homosexuality
        • Cold Showers 
        • Transplants
        • Cocaine, Strychnine and Genital Mutilation
        • And bicycling

 

Shake you straight encourages tolerance it seems to have worked for racism, sexism, classism and many more.

© 2012 Maya Storm


Author's Note

Maya Storm
Please please don't take this too seriously!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hah, very witty, satrire and parodical ingredients! Sadly, many of the 'cures' you've listed have actually been tried! Reminds me of those old films they used to show in school (yeah, imagine that!) back in the 1950's and early 60's...if you've never seen one, they are really creepy. Love the people in your life unconditionally. You'll be more at peace that way...
Funny stuff!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ahaha, I sat with a smirk on my face from the very first line. Good job, Maya!
There's a few typying errors here and there, but this was a funny satirical read through and through.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wonderful use of sarcasm! I loved the way you presented it as an advertisement - Similar to one you'd see on an infomercial for weight loss - Gay is not a disease to be cured - Thanks for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the way you made your point. People can't be changed. We must respect people desire, religion and race. The only person who can change us. Is the person looking back at us in the mirror.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
This is a great satire. It is depressing that there are people in this world(like the ones in your poem) who are still like this. Great work at exposing them :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1447 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 30, 2012
Last Updated on July 30, 2012
Tags: gay, lesbian, trans-sexual, trans gender, same sex, tolerance, love

Author

Maya Storm
Maya Storm

Montreal , Quebec, Canada



About
***[ I was away for a while and my 'read requests' are now in the 1000 range, I did not think it possible. I have turned it off for the moment, so if there is something that you need for me to read, .. more..

Writing
La Cortia La Cortia

A Book by Maya Storm



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan