Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Mazie Tackett

"I killed your mom." Those words echoed in my mind. I couldn’t believe it. My uncle killed my mother. Thoughts raced through my head causing it to pound.

"Why! Why? I thought you said you loved her!" I screamed, as tears flooded my face. How could he just stand there so calm?

"She got in my way." He answered simply. I wanted something and she wouldn’t let me have it. It was rightfully mine.

"What? What was yours? What did you want so bad that you killed my mom to get it?" I screamed in his face.

"You," he answered.

I trembled. Me? What did he mean me? No! My dad was Derek not Erik. This man is not my father. My mother would never stoop so low. Yet, was it possible she didn’t know? Could he have tricked her into thinking he was
Derek? No! What does he want with me?
He sat there, listening to my thoughts, neither confirming nor denying my thoughts. He was just sitting enjoying my discomfort, watching me squirm. When he spoke next it had nothing to do with his last comment.

"Lilly, look at me…I want Derek, but I don’t need him. I can get what I need from you, but you’re so young, so beautiful," he stroked my cheek. "You’re so full of life. What I do to you could kill you. No, let me correct myself. It will kill you. Don’t think you can’t die Lilly. Everyone can die, even you. This is not something that has to happen. I don’t want to kill, but I’ll do anything to get what I want. Do you understand?"

Oh I understood about half of what he said. What I did understand though, I understood perfectly. I understood I could die. I understood he would kill me. Most all, though, I understood that I needed to get the h-

"Lilly? I said do you understand." He asked, tapping his foot impatiently. I nodded. Then I bolted around him and out the door. My sprint didn’t get me far because I was stopped short when this man materialize out of nowhere. I was completely shocked. When he tried to grab me, out of reflex, I kicked my kicked my leg out and knocked him in the balls. Freak or not, he was still a guy and that still hurt. He dropped to the ground. Of course, he wasn’t the only one after me, and he had just slowed me down. I was on a bad luck role because the next person was a woman, Nurse Hunt. She was carrying a taser and didn’t have any nuts to kick. Wonderful! I went to run and tripped over the moaning man I had just kicked in the nuts. I had broken my nose falling face first onto the ground. My first broken bone was because of my own clumsiness. Great now my nose is going to look funny. As I was having my vanity moment, I didn’t get up fast enough, and I got tased. It didn’t really hurt. All that happened was I got tingly all over my body. Then I felt nothing, and saw nothing. I blacked out. Oh boy! Wait! I could hear everything. I wasn’t asleep! I could feel a little now, and I realized I was being carried. Oh boy! Oh, this day couldn’t get any worse. Just because I said that, it did. I opened my eyes to see I was on a surgery table. I bet God is sitting on his throne in heaven laughing his head off.

"Oh! You’re awake! Wonderful now we can start." A perky, blonde nurse smiled at me. Creepy!

"Oh My Gosh! What are you going to do to me?" I screamed.

"Calm down, you’re safe. I’m not going to hurt you, I swear. I’m a good guy. I got you away from those terrible people. I promised you mom I’d protect you if anything happened her. I’m auntie Claire. How are you feeling?" The woman creeped me out majorly, and the mention of my mother made me tenser. There was no way she was my aunt. She looked nothing like me, my mom, or my dad. Plus she smiled too much. I took a deep breath.

"I’m okay, considering. Can I get up?" I asked, pretending to believe her.

"No!" She shouted, quickly. Now she was pacing, fidgeting. "I mean you must rest." This chick was crazy. Her eyes bulged as if she was scared.

"I’m not tired!" I tested. "I want up!"

"No, I can’t do that sweetie." She paced, playing with her hands.

"Can you at least untie me? These ropes hurt!" I whined loudly.

"Oh, of course!" She stopped pacing. She hurried to the table and unfastened the ropes. I was ready to bolt, but a storm of questions stopped me from running. I had to know the answers. I had held so many questions in for so long that I couldn’t stop the flow of words that left my mouth.

"Why am I on a surgery table with pointy objects next to me? Why did you say we can start now? What did you mean by that? How did you know my mom? How-"

"SHUT UP! Oh my, I’m sorry. You just surprised me. Please slow down one question at a time. I can answer better that way." She sent me a smile, but I could tell it was forced. What is wrong with this chick?

"Why am I on a surgery table?" I asked nicely.

"I don’t know! You’re not. What surgery table? I need to go do something. Stay here." With that, she turned away from me. When she was leaving, I could see her shaking terribly. She hurried out of the room and locked it behind her. My freaky super ears didn’t even have to strain to hear her footsteps continue through the place. The further she got, the better my ears got. She was completely out of hearing range for a normal person, but I could still hear her… and someone else.

"Do you have her?" Someone asked, anxiously. That voice it was so familiar, but I could put my finger on who it was.

"Yes! You need to calm down, she’s here and safe. She won’t be for long, though, if you don’t pay up. I’ll give back to them, I swear. They would pay double what you are for her, and they would keep her." Crazy chick threatened.

"Have you set her up yet?" He asked, completely ignoring her earlier threats.

She sighed "No, she woke up, just freaked out on me. I got nervous and left." She threw her hands up in the air, and then ran them through her hair. I could hear the rush of the wind from her hand flying up and the rustle of hair as her hands went through it even with my hands over my ears. Their conversation continued.

"I’ll pay you after you do that. What did you tell her?"

"I told her I was her aunt. Gross! Barf! Family! She doesn’t trust me, though. Could you tell me why I can’t tell her again?"

"We both know you didn’t forget why. She’s safer this way." I could hear his veins popping as he rolled his eyes. I wanted to puke at the sound.

"Why do they want her so much?"

"Because she’s special, that’s all you need to know." That voice sounded so familiar. The name was so close, I could almost touch it.

"Fine, I’m going back in now. You know the place… make yourself comfortable."

When she finally got back in the room, I wasn’t even paying any attention to her. My mind was focused on the man. I was positive I knew him. I knew his name, but every time I got close to figuring out who it was it was like a giant brick wall appeared in my way, like someone was messing with my head. My head shot up, finding its target, Claire. Was she tampering with my head? She had just walked in from her session with mystery man. I never expected what came out of her mouth next. I can honestly say I was stunned speechless.

"I need to know something really important." I nodded. "What’s your blood type?" My eyes widen and my jaw dropped. Plenty time had passed before she decided I wasn’t going to answer. Then she surprised me more. "Forget I asked. I’m going to need you to remain calm while I cut open your head." Just when I think things can’t get any worse, God says wanna bet!

She picked up a scalpel and brought it to my head. I couldn’t move. I had frozen in place. Even when she made the cut I didn’t move. I didn’t even flinch. The only thing moving on my body was the sweat pouring from it. She stuck something to my brain. It felt uncomfortable, and then I didn’t feel it there at all anymore. Claire turned to get a needle to stitch my head back up. There was no point. I could already feel it healing. When she turned around, she found that out. She dropped everything. The clattering echoed throughout the whole place. She ran out of the room faster than I could turn around because when I did she was nowhere to be seen. Although I could hear her leaning up against the door, panting. As soon as her breathing returned to normal, she darted deeper into the house. Claire crashed full force into mystery man, knocking them both down.

"What happened?" Mystery man asked, out of breath also.

"I cut open her to put the tracking device in like you wanted. I stuck it in just like you wanted." Her voice was rising with each word. "Then I turned around to stitch her back up and she was almost completely healed. Not only healed, but there were no signs that she had ever been touched. No scars, no blood, no nothing. That’s not it though. She heals fast, okay. I would have been fine with that. Some of our people have the power of fast healing, but THEY CAN’T DISINTEGRATE A TRACKING DEVICE OFF OF THEIR BRAIN! What is she? That freak isn’t normal."

"I can’t talk about it."

"Fine. Where’s my money?"

"It’s in the case I brought. You can erase memories?"

"Yes" Claire answered suspiciously.

"I want to see her."

"Then go. I’ll do my thing after. Then get out!" I was so deep in thought I almost missed the door open slightly. I saw a hand. It was so familiar. Claire stepped in.

"There’s someone here to see you."

"Yes I know!" I screamed at her. "I know I could hear, but you won’t let me remember."

"Shut up!"

"What happened to nice Auntie Claire?"

"If you heard, then you know I’m not your aunt." I growled at her "Are you going to behave?"

"Maybe."

"Are you ready to see her?" She ask mystery man.

"Yes. Hello Lil Lil!" He said stepping into the room. Only one person ever called me that.

"Daddy!"



© 2013 Mazie Tackett


Author's Note

Mazie Tackett
here's chapter 3 I hope you like it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This made me want to not speed read.

I knew a girl name Lil Lil. Her real name was Liliane.


I like the hanger of the Dad that comes in.
I sense romance coming my way.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I liked it. You had an odd pattern though, like...detail, speed things along, detail, and then you would speed things along again. It'd be a lot better if you chose a pace for the story.
The story is very good, though. Keep it up. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awesome! Lotta action. I like it! :D keep this up and you'll get published in a millisecond. I mean this was really good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this chapter.
I'm really interested into reading more.
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


I enjoyed this chapter. I haven't read the other ones yet but I think its good from what I can see of this chapter. I think you should change the font size and stuff since it makes it longer and bit more intimidating. I didn't see any errors in it either :) Great job

Posted 11 Years Ago


awesome! I love this book so much, its creepy cool! :D I still like the uncle, but that may just be because I'm a bit weird... O.o the beginning reminded me of harry potter a bit... the uncle as Voldemort, trying to get harry (Lilly), but his mother (lilly's mom) got in his way, so he killed her. once again, I'm weird and make strange connections... o.O but anyways, great book so far Mazie, I can't wait to read more! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Abbie

11 Years Ago

I know! :P
Mazie Tackett

11 Years Ago

lol
Abbie

11 Years Ago

XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2012
Last Updated on May 8, 2013


Author

Mazie Tackett
Mazie Tackett

AR



About
My name is Mazie Tackett. I'm unusual, diiferent, weird. I've never really been that good with people so I don't have many friends, but the friends I do have love me to death and i love them. I've bee.. more..

Writing
Red Red

A Poem by Mazie Tackett



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter two Chapter two

A Chapter by Hope