The Bronze Winner Chapter 3

The Bronze Winner Chapter 3

A Chapter by Matthew
"

Events transpire I suppose.

"

"You couldn't have possibly expected to get out that easy?" Were the first words our protagonist heard? In fact, it was the only sense that was working. For the first time in his short existence, he was somewhere that didn’t have a smell. It was uncanny, and it felt like his entire body was in shock because of it. He saw nothing; the blackness was heavy, almost crushing. His skin felt numb, his sense to touch was disabled. However, staring into the blackness, he started to get something back. It was like the world was operating on a dimmer switch that moved up so very slowly. The entire world went from crushing blackness to seeable light over the course of 10 minutes. He thought it was hell, until he could see enough to realize that a man was sitting oddly on a chair right in front of him. He was also surprised to discover that he was also tied to a chair. What surprised our protagonist ever more was the fact that the man sitting in front of him chose to sit in the chair with the back facing forward, and your feet straddling it.

         The man in the chair was nothing but a figure in a complete and utter white body suit. It wasn't even like a sexy gimp thing. It was just an entire white suit made out of what appeared to felt, stretched over the figure of an average sized man (?).

         "Can we talk for a second" he said, with his mouth moving underneath the white body suit, creating an uncanny sight to look at.

         "Who are you?" our protagonist asked, weakly struggling against his restraints.

         "Don’t you remember me? I'm Jeff, and I have to say, I'm very disappointed in you for what you did, or tried to do at least."

         "Why are you dressed like a giant sperm?" was the most pressing question on our protagonists mind.

         "Well, as I have already explained, I am an assortment of various memories of you. What you saw before, that was the version of me that all of your memories conjured up. Everything about me, whether you knew it or not, was meant to make you uneasy, beyond the fact that it just looked strange. I am dressed like this however, because your dumb a*s tried to end the game without saving. You tried to open the soda before it had a chance to settle. You thought that it would be easier to give up and end your troubles then to fight to make them better. Bravo. Your dead, there is nothing I can do about that, and all of your memories, kind a jumbled mess. This is my default costume, totally devoid of color and character."

         "If I'm dead, that means my brain is dead. If my brain is dead, then that means you must be dead if you’re constructed from my thoughts and memories. Where am I and how are you still alive?"

         Jeff didn’t answer right away. Instead he decided to ignore responding to the very reasonable question and decided to just slightly rub his genitals on the chair he was sitting in, in a very quiet and subtle way. It was the kind of rubbing that if you were at a party and there were things going on, you never would have noticed it. However, since our protagonist had nothing to do but focus on what Jeff was doing, it made the entire situation more uncomfortable then he cared for.

         After what seemed like an eternity, he stopped grinding the chair and answered the question as if nothing had happened. "Well, that’s the funny thing about all of this. Your right. Your brains dead. It's gone. It can no longer gather and process new information, but like a computer, all of your memories are stored, and that’s where you're trapped now because you decided you didn’t care. So welcome to eternity you little b***h, this is it. You will be here for millions of years after time ceases to exist. We tried to help you fix this place up a little. Discover some things that would have helped for when you eventually do die, but no, you just hung yourself and left a gay note. And another thing, what's with 'leaving the world no worse' nonsense. You and I both know that you have done more damage to society then you have ever helped it. You just wanted to go out like some deep thinking f****r. Well, you did. I'm sure the poor b*****d who finds your corpse will be very impressed with literary minimalism. Your body will be burned, and your ashes will be mixed with those of the random dead homeless. So, do you have anything to say? Thoughts? Opinions?

         "If they burn my body, then how will all of this information still be stored on the brain?"

         Jeff face palmed him, but with his clothed hands and face, it made a soft, quiet sound. "Everything you do is captured as memories in your brain. Then, they kind of get uploaded to like this big cloud server, and when people die there essence is transported to the place where their memories are stored, and their minds think up an appropriate afterlife based on how they acted in real life. If they left a generally positive influence, then their mind will turn out good, and create a peaceful eternity. If you were evil, kind of like you, then your mind gets super angry and punishes you forever. Don’t ask me about if God created this entire system, because I don’t know. All I know is that is how it works."

         "So I'm destined to spend eternity in a personal Draconian hell because of my life?"

         "Normally yes, but your are what some people would call a special case."

        
         "How's that?"

        

         "Well, remember when we first met and I told you that your mind was shattered and needed to be put back together. Well not only is that probably truer now than when I said it, it also allows you the unique opportunity to change your afterlife. With your mind broken, it can't really figure out what kind of afterlife you were supposed to have. Your entire life's memories on the cloud are a jumbled mess, and the system that decides your fate is having trouble deciding the severity of your offenses to a bunch of other factors that would bore both of us. Point is, in situations like this, you will be allowed to not only re-live important moments of your life, but you will also get to face your worse demons, discover a horrific truth about yourself that has laid deep for years, and maybe gain some friends along the way. So, I guess what I am saying, is that you can't escape your challenges. Not even with a piece of rope and a sappy note. Any questions?"

         Our protagonist shook his head horizontally

         "Alright then, time to begin."

         And then it was black.

 

 

 

 



© 2014 Matthew


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on February 22, 2014
Last Updated on February 22, 2014
Tags: came, in, third


Author

Matthew
Matthew

Warrensburg, MO



About
In College. I like to write. That's all that's relevant. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Matthew