The Good Stuff

The Good Stuff

A Poem by Mickey Christian Decicco
"

Another prose poem of verbal nonsense.

"

 

      People have varied opinions on what constitutes the exact nature of the proverbial 'good stuff.'  Each individual's concept thereof can be viewed by another as tasteful, tactful, stupid (or at the very least nonsensical ), whimsical-comical-humoruous-playful-enjoyable-funny, dark-remorseful-melancholy-dreary-somber-grim-depressing, or any other myriad of possible adjectives which might constitute another's subjective attitude toward one's personal opinion of 'good stuff.'  Some people search from the very bottom of the sea to the snow-laden peaks of  mountains to find the aforementioned treasure, while the wiser (or less motivated [or poorer]) of us find ourselves able to find these precious nuggets nuzzled in the safety and comfort of a good book (incidentally far more readily accessible than the aforementioned aforementioned treasure hunters). 

      Some of the nation's leading sages, philosophers, luminaries, and other thinking persons feel that a particular given person's idea of 'good stuff' tells an observer a little, maybe even a lot, about that person.  Take a look at any particular person's lexicon of 'good stuff' and you will will find (according to those who are being paid ridiculous amounts of money to sit around and think for those who are too lazy, dumb, apathatic, untaltented, unmotivated, unwilling, unable or un_____ to do so themdamnselves) that their collection will tell you something about them.  Whether this information will actually be useful in any degree is up to the observer.  Whether there is truth in the statement is a matter of conjecture.  Whether any of the aforementioned aforementioned aforementioned is a moot point.  Wether is a castrated sheep.

            So without further or due (or do, or dew, a doe, a deer, adieu) here is what I think is some 'good stuff'.

© 2008 Mickey Christian Decicco


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
Added on May 23, 2008

Author

Mickey Christian Decicco
Mickey Christian Decicco

Gotham, NJ



About
I like to write in a genre that bridges horror and fantasy with science fiction and the real world (whatever that is). You'll find a lot of my work involves sociological and Lovecraftian themes. In .. more..

Writing