Labyrinth, my theory

Labyrinth, my theory

A Story by #SecretWriter
"

This is my theory, my short addition to the story of Labyrinth, by Jim Henson, starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly.

"

My Labyrinth Theory

The Labyrinth is the modern telling of a dark, old tale.

Jareth, the Goblin king, is a demon, or perhaps a metaphor for a demonic entity. Sarah’s parents wished for wealth and it was bestowed upon them. Sarah’s mother died whilst Sarah was still young, as is common in Disney’s stories and as the norm would have it her mother was replaced by a cruel woman. The woman was selfish and poisoned the mind of the father, the two would treat Sarah as a housekeeper and a servant whilst they lived in luxury.

 

She was not allowed to see any other person for it was feared that she would escape and the step-mother would have to hire a cleaner, therefore have less to spend on pearls and champagne. In her loneliness Sarah turned to her toys for company until the birth of her half-brother. Sarah had no choice but to look after her baby brother and in her loneliness he soon became her only real friend.

 

The demon who had bestowed the gift of wealth upon the parents was soon to return to take the first born male child, when he became obsessed with Sarah. He needed the child so that he would have a young body to possess but did not wish to hurt Sarah. He watched over the family and saw how Sarah was treated, one day he wished to take her away, to the castle and to give her the life of a queen.

 

The younger brother, as he was favoured by the parents, was one day given Sarah’s favourite toy. Sarah was jealous and as she was unsocialised, she did not take well to sharing her toys or friends. In a fit of rage Sarah called for the Goblin King to take away her brother, she was unaware that the Goblin King was listening, he was always listening. Jareth, the Goblin king, seized the child in the moment that Sarah turned her back and took him to his other worldly castle.

 

Sarah challenged the Goblin king, she apologised and she groveled but he refused her until finally agreeing that Sarah could only have her brother back if she could find him by venturing through his labyrinth.


The labyrinth was a giant maze, with a grand castle at the centre and all that happened within it was under the control of Jareth. Jareth used this opportunity to demonstrate his power and his wits, the full package, before finally introducing the young teen to hallucinatory drugs. He sent her crystal meth in the form of floating bubbles, which then formed the gift of a peach. He demonstrated his ability to move time and space within this dimension for her, to move between dimensions and provide great wealth and beautiful gifts for her. He manipulated her with illusions and made great promises but all Sarah wanted was her little brother back.

She took her brother back and the Demon, Goblin King spun the clocks back as to undo time and undo the breaking of his heart.

© 2014 #SecretWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

178 Views
Added on October 11, 2014
Last Updated on October 11, 2014
Tags: Labyrinth, David Bowie, Fan Fiction, Theory, Story, Fairy tale, Demon, Goblin, Magic, Love, Heartache

Author

#SecretWriter
#SecretWriter

Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom



About
Most of my characters have a dark secret, an evil plan or are just bat-s**t crazy. I'm new to most types of writing but enjoy it as often as possible. I might be a little bit crazy, but anyone w.. more..

Writing