Where to Turn?

Where to Turn?

A Poem by mcg03002
"

Another sonnet. I guess I really like this form.

"

These eyes, this soul, while foolish, are not blind.

Pretending not to see buys precious time.

What seems like unawareness is designed;

To keep from losing friendship so sublime.

 

This mind, this wreck, though mangled, is not dead.

Ignoring subtle hints, it rests in peace.

Don’t think your thoughts are safe within your head.

Through word and deed they find their sweet release.

 

That song, the mournful tune of love unknown;

Resounds in two hearts wrapped in lonely woe.

The shoulder wants the crier for its own.

They dance, but neither knows which way to go.

 

Those things you feel for me, I feel for him.

And passions change with time, not on a whim.

© 2010 mcg03002


Author's Note

mcg03002
Try to remember a time when you were just coming out of a difficult breakup, or rejection. There were probably lots of friends and family members that helped you through it. And, more than likely, there was one friend who experienced each and every painful moment with you...holding your hand all the while. I'll bet that many who read this will have also had the experience of having that confidant...that kind and caring soul...fall in love during the process. If you were still in love with another when it happened, it was probably difficult to sort through your feelings. That's where I find myself. I don't want to lose a wonderful opportunity with a great person...but the feelings for someone else are still so poignant and fresh. What kills me even more, is that now I feel I'm putting him in the same position he's been trying to help me overcome for several months.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Matt! I love this! This was the sad reality for me on several occasions. Perfect.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Don’t think your thoughts are safe within your head.

Through word and deed they find their sweet release.
i like this and all the rest great one

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very sad and the love triangle been there. :/ you wrote every line with beautiful sorrow. xo winter

Posted 10 Years Ago


"That song, the mournful tune of love unknown;

Resounds in two hearts wrapped in lonely woe.

The shoulder wants the crier for its own.

They dance, but neither knows which way to go."

Your sadness from rejection has caused great thoughts and phrases to be penned to touch deeply...Thank you for sharing...:).....






Posted 10 Years Ago


Very very sad, Hard to be in love when that person chooses another, excellent write!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


While I am not certain that this is a sonnet, per se, at least not in a literal sense, that does not distract from the beautiful weaving together of pain and resignation, the third strand being hope. It is a phenomenally TRUE piece of writing, reminding me of one of my poems, entitled "Fear", which ended with the passage: "Now the Fear of Choosing/ The Pain of Leaving/ Or the Pain of Staying's/ What I've got..." Please PM me, if you want to discuss various styles. Mark

Posted 13 Years Ago


I've been in a similar situation. Maybe once, maybe twice.
I'm glad I can relate to such a beautifully written piece.
(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very beautiful poem about a very difficult situation. Sometimes emotions get so confusing and people get hurt. I'm sure, however, it helps to be aware of the situation but that doesn't make those powerful feelings any easier to deal with.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a good poem. You captured the emotion very well.

I understand this is a sonnet, but I think sonnets are supposed to be 1 stanza. I'm not 100% on that, it's been 4 years since I studied/wrote sonnets.

The semi-colon in the first stanza is unnecessary, I think. I believe "What seems like unawareness is designed / To keep from losing friendship so sublime." would flow and read a little better. If they are supposed to be two separate thoughts for the sentence, then the semi-colon works, but I read it as one thought for the sentence.

Overall, this is a good sonnet. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Soooo thoughtful and heartfelt, nice work. And you will do the right thing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

898 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2010
Last Updated on May 21, 2010

Author

mcg03002
mcg03002

Idaho Falls, ID



About
I am just a wannabe writer living in Idaho Falls. I work full time as a sales manager for a hotel. Here's a song I recorded for a dear friend. It's a cover of one of my absolute favorites. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..