We Are Not Writers, Yet We Write

We Are Not Writers, Yet We Write

A Poem by The Scholar
"

Falling back on my old stuff again. There here is the last one, I believe.

"

We are not Writers, yet we write;
We are not Readers, yet we read;
We are not Minstrels, yet we sing;
We are not Romeo and Juliet, yet we love.

Simple words write the best stories,
Honest tongues read the best books,
Musical hearts sing the best songs,
But anyone can believe in true love.

© 2012 The Scholar


Author's Note

The Scholar
How 'bout Antony and Cleopatra?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is true. As Antony, I rather replace for Cesar. :D with Cleopatra.
Wonderful write. I totally loved the purity out of simplicity. Thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is an amazing piece
don't change anything!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Don't touch anything. This was great. As much as I enjoy Shakespeare, I feel ' Romeo & Juliet ' is overused. I'd like to suggest another tale with an sort of ' epic love ' but nothing comes to mind at the moment. The ending line was a great conclusion to the poem. Not too fancy but just right.



Posted 12 Years Ago


Dont remove anything! It's perfectly perfect!! Ths i very meaningful and true....love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh thank you so much! That's a brilliant idea! And thank you for all your wonderful reviews and especially that one poem, it was so nice of you!! I feel so touched. Ill definitely fix this poem as soon as I can, only im on vacation now away from home and using my phone which makes it really hard for me to edit work. Also, I meant to send u my thanks in a message, but again I couldn't since im using my phone. But Happy Thanksgiving and thank you very much! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


How about another lover from Shakespeare? Lothario? He was more of a seducer than a lover, so maybe it doesn't work as sweetly as the Romeo and Juliet epic love. Or how about Cyrano? His romantic poetry for his friend to quote to his love interest is a good representation of what you are trying to say.

Posted 12 Years Ago


if it aint broke don't fix it.
second stanza sums it up nicely

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thank you so much for your comments and reviews!
And ya, that last line of the first stanza does throw off the rhythm a bit, you're right.
i think when I was writing it I was going to make that line the end of a poem, so it was supposed to do that . . . but ya I should probably fix that.
Thanks so much for the input!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another nice poem. But I think it needs some editing in the line '' we are not Romeo and Juliet yet we love''. Find a substitute that keeps the rhythmic flow continued and presents the same meaning. Excuse my fault that a person having little english knowledge giving you advices. But I think, like all other, God gives me enough sense to be touched by the beauty of rhyme and rhythm and the same fault of making mistakes in creating them.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nay. I definitely loved every word of this piece! It is true though, everyone has their own level of specific skills that they're wonderful at, but everyone can at the same time feel true love. Brilliant piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 21, 2011
Last Updated on February 2, 2012
Tags: writers, write

Author

The Scholar
The Scholar

Esco., CA



About
“We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are MEMBERS OF THE HUMAN RACE. And the human race is filled with PASSION. And medicine, law, business, engi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


What If? What If?

A Chapter by A. L. Allen