Part Five: Breakfast

Part Five: Breakfast

A Chapter by THE [ME]GEAN

RECAP 

FORWARD:  

"Yuck! Will!" Travis screeched as his friend dug right into his pancake.

"Wha?!" Will looked up at us mouth full of food.

"I dont get it. How do you stay so effin thin?" Travis pushed his pancake toward Will to eat. He wasnt very hungry anymore.

"Simple. I'm bulimic." Will made an imaginary tear. "Help me."

Everyone laughed at that, but I just smiled. I dont think I could laugh if I tried. I didnt eat either. I simply sipped my cup of coffee and sat in between Brendan and Adam quietly. I hadnt said another word the whole trip and I didnt think anyone noticed it. They all seemed so close, like they where having such a good time. I was just happy for them, but something was nagging me. Something I couldn't remember happening last night. Last night.

Last night was blank. I could remember up to the moment I got a phone call, but after that I didnt remember a thing. It was really bothering me too...

"You okay?"

I looked up and met Brendan's gaze. Suddenly everything stopped. I dont mean in an odd fuzzy kind of way. I mean, literally, everyone at the table stopped what they where doing and stared at me. I felt the heat raise to my cheeks as I looked around, and I suppressed a laugh as I saw Will stop in mid eating, leaving his mouth open full of food and a fork about to stuff more in.

I nodded and everyone went back to eating. Slowly of course.

"Are you sure? You havent touched your pancakes." He furrowed his brows with concern.

"I'm not hungry." I said in a low shaky voice.

Is that even me talking?

"And you say I have an eating disorder." Will rolled his eyes, only to get punched in the arm by Travis. "Ow!"

I took a deep sigh of relief as everyone began laughing and eating again, but I could still feel Brendan's hot gaze on me and as I turned to look a little further down the table, I saw Adams worried glare as well. I wonder why though.

"Hey guys." A new voice and face came into view. "Have any room for one more?"

My mind went blank for a moment as I looked at him. A strong jaw line.... dark collored hair... Band t-shirt... I couldnt place it. He slowly sat next to Will as he moved over and looked right at me. I jumped out of my daze and immediately looked down. There was something about his gaze that sent chills down my spine.

"You're the girl..." He thought out loud.

"Oh, sorry." Brendan snapped out of his own day dreams. "Jesse, this is Mia. The girl you saved." He smiled. "Mia, this is the guy who saved you."

"Hi..." I said softly as I looked up at him.

"Hey." He said a little coldly.

"Thank you for saving me." I sunk lower in me seat.

"Yeah...well" he shrugged nonchalantly.

Will, Brendan and Travis looked back and forth between me and Jesse. Thats when I placed it.

"Wait....Jesse...Jesse Lacey, Jesse?" I sat up and looked at him again.

"Yeah." He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, cool." I shrugged.

At any other given day Id be freaking out, but somehow I just didnt feel like it. Plus, he didnt seem very nice so far. Sure, he saved me from being beaten to death and maybe raped, but he still seemed a little cold. Suddenly my cell phone rang. I didnt even know I had brought it with me. Oh well...

"Sorry, I'll take this." I stood up and took my cell phone out of Brendan's jean pocket I happened to be wearing and slowly walked outside the restaurant and stood out front.

"Could you be any ruder?" Will kicked Jesse in the shin.

"Ow, what the hell!?" He jumped.

"I know, what the hell is your problem?!" Brendan scorned.

"Nothing." Jesse looked away and down at the table.

"Was it another fight with Emily?" Travis looked at him. Jesse nodded. "Yeah, well, get over it and stop taking it out on Mia. She didn't do anything to you."

"Yeah, what ever. She can take it." He leaned back.

"Dude, I dont think she can take anything right now." Will took Mia's pancakes and began stuffing them down his throat.

"What do you mean?" Jesse looked at them.

Brendan sighed and looked at all three of them now. "Her mom just died. She was killed last night." He took a deep breath. "You guys should've seen her. She was bawling her eyes out. I dont think I've seen a girl that broken up over anything."

"Oh..." Jesse said now feeling bad. "Well, I feel like an a*s."

Will suddenly slapped him over the head.

"OW!!"

"You should feel like an a*s." He smirked and sipped his coffee.

"WHY YOU LITTLE-"

 

"Um...Hi...?" I rubbed my arm nervously.

Adam was the first to snap out of it.

"Hey babe." He smirked and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, but Brendan slapped him upside the head. "Ow..."

Adam quickly pulled his arm away and shrugged.

"You feeling better?" Will pushed Adam aside and put his arm over my shoulder as well.

I instantly tensed, but I just nodded. I didnt feel like talking.

"Okay, let's go get some food." He smiled warmly and we all piled into one of the bus.

 



© 2008 THE [ME]GEAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on March 25, 2008
Last Updated on March 25, 2008


Author

THE [ME]GEAN
THE [ME]GEAN

Fairview, OR



About
Hello, I�m Megean McBride. I�m a neo eccentric non-conformed semi-religious flapper with a slash of funkified backstage Betty punk who refuses to be labeled, set in stone, or.. more..

Writing