Part Six: No Need for a RECAP

Part Six: No Need for a RECAP

A Chapter by THE [ME]GEAN

 

"Hello?" I sighed into the phone.

"Mia Rosen?" That voice. I know that voice.

"Yes?"

"I'm here to remind you about coming to the hospital this morning to ID your mother's body and sign the papers."

My heart sunk again. Now I remember... My mother died... I thought it was a dream. No, I hoped it was a dream. I guess my worst nightmares come true though. I took a deep shaky breath and wiped some tears out of my eyes.

"Yeah..." I said in a barely audible voice. "I'll be there... When do you want me to come?"

"As soon as possible please at the Community Hospital." The voice replied deep and professional.

"I'll be there."

"Okay, see you."

Click.

I crumbled to the floor. I sat down on the edge of the curb and put my knees to my chest. I couldnt help but cry as I hugged myself in Brendan's baggy cloths. I was holding my cell phone so tight I was afraid it might break, and I bit my lip so hard I could feel a rip in the skin. I just sat there crying and crying and burying my face into my bangs until I heard a slam of the door. Quickly I turned and looked up seeing an angered Jesse Lacey, but he immediately softened when he saw my state.

"Oh, sorry." I said quickly standing up and wiping away my tear stained cheeks with the sleeve of Brendan's shirt. "I didn't know-"

Before I knew it I was enveloped in his arms and crying in his chest wetting his perfectly rad "The Sounds" band t-shirt. He simply stroked my hair and said "Shh..." softly. We just stood there for a few minutes as he held me tightly and I bawled my eyes out. I didn't want it to end but he slowly pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a soft voice.

"I-" I sniffed as he wiped a tear away from my eyes with his thumb. "I have to go the hospital and ID the body..."

"Okay. I'll take you." He nodded firmly. "Let me go tell the guys we're going, just wait here."

I nodded and frowned.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" He looked at me and rubbed his hands up my back.

I nodded again.

"Okay." He slowly let me go and walked back into the restaurant leaving me standing outside to think.

 

"You know... She was taking it pretty well. I mean, I've seen people lose loved ones, and she's taking it extremely well." Will stated through a half open mouth of strawberries.

"How can you take something well or not when it comes to losing someone? I mean, its kind of hard to put something like that in that kind of context considering everyone deals with everything differently." Travis took a sip of his coffee.

"That didn't make any sense." Will glared.

"What doesn't make any sense is your face!" Spencer laughed at his own joke.

"That's been said too many times." Brendan sunk lower in his seat trying not to laugh.

"Yeah, but its still funny." Ryan smirked.

"What ev." He rolled his eyes.

"Hey, guys." Jesse jumped in as everyone looked up at him. "Umm... Mia has to go the hospital to ID her moms body." The words hit everyone like a ton of bricks. "I'm going to take her."

"I'll go too." Brendan jumped up.

"Meph too." Will spat out pancake.

"I'll go as well." Travis stood up.

As a few of the other boys opened their mouths to say something Jesse stopped them.

"No one else. There's not enough room in my car for everyone." He raised his hands. "Now, lets go quick. She looked pretty bad and I'm afraid she might jump in front of a speeding bus or something."

Almost immediately after that all four boys ran out of the restaurant, leaving the others to pay, and jumped outside. What they saw was a little of what they expected. Mia was crumpled against the side walk hugging her knees and crying. The sight was enough to make you cry yourself and as all four boys saw her crying there they almost crumbled on the ground themselves.

 

I slowly looked up and saw Travis, Will, Brendan, and Jesse standing there with concerned looks on their faces.

"Oh, I didnt- I didnt know you where there." I slowly stood up and wiped away some of the tears from my eyes. "Are we going to go now?"

No one spoke for a moment and it set me on edge.

"Yeah..." Will swallowed and nodded a little sadly.

"C-Come on." I swallowed trying to suppress tears. I needed to stay strong. "Lets go."

For Mom!



© 2008 THE [ME]GEAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on March 25, 2008
Last Updated on March 25, 2008


Author

THE [ME]GEAN
THE [ME]GEAN

Fairview, OR



About
Hello, I�m Megean McBride. I�m a neo eccentric non-conformed semi-religious flapper with a slash of funkified backstage Betty punk who refuses to be labeled, set in stone, or.. more..

Writing