seven

seven

A Chapter by therealMEL
"

Friday, January 22. 2016

"
8:56
I want to quickly talk about my dream before I head back to sleep.
So I have a lot of dreams that take place at my elementary school, but I'm always myself as I am right now, at 18 years old. I was in the gym wearing a volleyball uniform as I was apart of the team. My team consisted of the volleyball girls from my high school team who were all very good.
The game started and I was on the court waiting for the ball to come to me, but it never did. My parents were in the audience which felt weird to me since all through my life of playing sports they never came to my games. As it was my turn to serve the ball, I saw someone else in the crowd. It was Kale. 
Kale and I have a lot of history, as we dated in high school. Our relationship was very juvenile and fun, always eating off of each others vibrant personalities. He was the first boy that I loved and also my first and only legitimate heart break.
I felt his eyes watching me as I tried to figure out what serve to use. I ended up serving overhand and found the roof to be too low as the ball brushed it. After that, I went to sit where my parents were as they consoled me on the previous serve, but instead of listening I was staring at Kale. He was no longer looking at me. I wanted to approach him and say hi and catch up on how he has been the past couple years (since I haven't seen him since the second to last time I visited home) but I couldn't get my butt off the bench. 
Then I saw Reese walking in my direction. Reese was one of my childhood best friends. We grew up together during elementary school as best friends, and our friendship was very close. I had a slight crush on him, but at that age I was too nervous to tell him. He was one year younger than me. On my 7th and graduating year of elementary, I remember wanting to tell him how much I like him, but I didn't. He promised to attend the same high school as me so we could be best friends in the same school again. In his 7th year and my first year of high school, he moved to another city, 4 hours out of mine. I never saw him after that.
You can imagine how happy I was to see Reese in my dream. Then I realized he wasn't walking towards me but to his mom who was seated beside me. When Reese was close enough that I could see the freckles on his face, he didn't even acknowledge me. It was as if I was invisible. 
I quickly glanced back at where Kale was but he was now surrounded by a bunch of ballerinas, one of them being his girlfriend.
An announcement said that all sports members were to exit the gym as the dance acts got ready, and that was my cue to leave.
The end.


© 2016 therealMEL


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

therealMEL
therealMEL

About
"Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt." more..

Writing
lost soul lost soul

A Poem by therealMEL


one one

A Chapter by therealMEL


two two

A Chapter by therealMEL