The Giraffe in the Cave

The Giraffe in the Cave

A Story by Meredith

Many, many years ago on an African plain, there lived a brave, strong lion. Every animal respected the lion, for he was the king on that plain in Africa. He had no friends, everyone was scared of him but he made the animals respect him.

            One hot summer day another lion approached the strong lion and said, “You can defeat anyone, but there is said to be a giraffe, miles away sitting in a cave so strong and powerful he can defeat you.”

            The strong lion steamed with anger. No one could beat him! At dusk that night the big, strong lion set off for the giraffe. He walked for days. Until one day he came across a dark, damp cave. It was nightfall and the strong lion saw a faint light flickering in the cave.

            The lion crept into the cave quiet as a mouse. As the lion peered around the corner and saw a tiny giraffe as big as a lion cub, sitting by the fire. The lion roared! The giraffe turned around revealing an innocent little baby face.

            “I heard you could defeat me!’ the lion roared. The baby giraffe whimpered with fear before standing up looking stronger than him! “I know you can defeat me, but that is not why I have summoned you here, mighty lion.”

            “You are respected by all, but have no friends, why do you think that is true.” The mighty lion stuttered feeling as tiny as the baby giraffe. “I don’t know.” He replied. “You carry yourself as a leader, but don’t give respect to your people. You need to let the giraffes back on your land.”

            “When did I kick them off?’ The mighty lion questioned. “When you implied there was no need for animals like us.” “Is that why no one really respects me?’

             The giraffe nodded, turned around and walked into the cave until darkness shielded him from the world’s eye.

 

The mighty lion returned to his land and let the giraffes back. He never saw the little giraffe again but the giraffe often sat on the on the highest hill and watched the mighty lion turn into a new lion. 

© 2011 Meredith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed this. Most important suggestion is add lots of detail. Sensory is key to every story and makes it more enjoyable but other than that you had a really good plot line going here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


How interesting. I think it was a rather fun plot, but could have used a few more details and maybe even proofread. But that didn't stop it from being a sweet little story and teaching valuable lessons ; )

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 6, 2011
Last Updated on July 6, 2011

Author

Meredith
Meredith

Houston, TX



About
Tell Me About Yourself SurveyNameMeredithBirthday1/29BirthplaceTexasCurrent LocationTexasEye ColorBrownHair ColorBrownHeight5'7 or 5'8Right Handed or Left HandedLeft Your Heritageumm... ??????The Shoe.. more..

Writing
Vivid Dream Vivid Dream

A Book by Meredith