Understand

Understand

A Poem by Mercy Manic
"

Another breadcrumb in a long line. I wonder if anyone is following them. I wonder if I can trust my own mind.

"

That what I have been doing lately is exploring the possibilities of my own mind. Getting back some things I lost when I lost your trust.

 

Understand

 

That I never wanted you to be anything you were not. I would never confine you to some awkward box.

 

Understand

 

That if I never told you how much I wanted you that I feared stealing your freedom.

 

Understand

 

That if you have found happiness I am happy for you. Even if that means there is no room in your current life for me.

 

Understand

 

That before I met you I had no purpose and my life had no meaning. I will never EVER forget that I found that with you.

 

Understand

 

That anyone who loves you is automatically my friend for hanging a smile on you when I no longer can.

 

Understand

 

That for the last eight years I have missed you every single day. Even when I was desperate to convince myself I didn't.

 

Understand

 

That you were the one to give me back my lost childhood. You taught me it was okay to color outside the lines.

 

Understand

 

That I would have preferred a lifetime of torture to hurting you even once.

 

I miss you

I love you

 

Please understand

 

Yeah I still need to hear your voice again. Even if you can never forgive me my sins. Even if it is only another wrenching goodbye. I still need more closure than the lies we left things on. They still echo, and echo. Ad Infinitum.

 

Understand

 

That I never moved on, and after eight years… I doubt that I can. Not in this silence and cold. I'm trying, god knows!

 

Understand

 

I can't forget the curve of your jaw, or the hue of your eyes and that I'm poisoned every day by the line "Better you than me." Then and now, I agree completely.

© 2008 Mercy Manic


Author's Note

Mercy Manic
This isn't a piece I mean to publish. Just a message for a lost friend.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on June 5, 2008

Author

Mercy Manic
Mercy Manic

Quincy, FL



About
I'm deadly serious about my work. Ever searching for new ways to hone my skills and make my stories better, cleaner, stronger. I do not need to be handled with kid gloves. I know doing detailed edits .. more..

Writing
Black 13 Black 13

A Poem by Mercy Manic