Reflective of Perspective

Reflective of Perspective

A Poem by metaljelly

I have a simple question, why do you look at me?
is it the same reason as I do to you, could it be?
I would have to disagree, realistically;
genuine intention is something that's a shame I don't see.
I momentarily observe with an innocent curiosity,
you blame me with a stare as if I'm malevolent monstrosity.
What drives your hate toward the unknown, to me is an odyssey.
But with mystifying consistency strangers glare with second nature-like velocity.
I try to think from their perspective but fail to agree with heavy judgement hurled so thoughtlessly,
the knowledge that no one's born this way and that only experiences drives innocence astray reminds me of my species' atrocity.
There's not a thing we can say to make the truth go away so we should restore what we've tore, adore what being human is for, and that's finally uniting instead of spiting so we can feel more alive; from each others' support thrive, and do our best to make sure everyone can survive.
A beautiful concept thought of much before, but as much as we pondered the idea was unfortunately never wore;
if only we'd try once, I believe applying our capacity of love that's so shamefully neglected, that eventually feels dormant till we're emotionally infected, would be something that could better everyone from the core, opening up a door to feeling and enjoying so much more.

© 2013 metaljelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on October 3, 2013
Last Updated on October 3, 2013
Tags: perspective, judgement, impressions, unity, community, humankind, love

Author

metaljelly
metaljelly

Alameda, CA



About
Transplanting into me, the brain of an unstable maniac with a complex in the thoughts, and an itch in the conscience; and yes, I'd like a side of fries with that. I am an observation and a sponge of w.. more..

Writing