to the young me

to the young me

A Poem by deavin jean

Dear young me, please slow down.
Your so young but spiraling out of control and this isnt ok.
You need to open your eyes and take everything in while you can because my dear this is all gonna fly by you so fast, and your gonna spend the rest of your days begging God to let you remember.
Do those things you are scared to do. because you'll find yourself depressed thinking back on regrets and " i wish i would have's" rather then memories.
Being grown is not what you think it is.
My God, i wish i could shelter you from the unfortunate events that will soon unfold from the immaturity of "acting grown"
Hug your family.
Love Them.
Stop yelling and being so mean.
Those people around you that give you whatever you beckon for, those people you scream at, those people you say hateful things to, they wont be here forever, my child life is very short, and when they do go your heart is gonna be shattered, looking back to nothing but fights instead of loving memories.
Its sad when anger is the only thing you hold on to.
Your going no where quick kid..
Please go to school, and try to finsih, i know we can be better then what we have become.
Realize who you are.
Your your own person and that in its self is enough.
You dont have to try to be like noone.
When your grown " cool " really dosnt matter.
I wish you read this in time, but you wont, because you never will because you cant.
Having negative childhood memories is painful, when you try to think back to the innocent days and your mind goes black, you have noone but yourself to blame for that, and the self- control you lack.
Dear me, promise to always get back up, no matter how hard they hit. never give up.

© 2021 deavin jean


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on March 1, 2021
Last Updated on March 1, 2021
Tags: remember, childhood, reminisce

Author

deavin jean
deavin jean

austin, TX



About
Fun and outspoken very to the point open minded wild spirit Northern Spitfire more..

Writing