The Artistic Conception Shuttle

The Artistic Conception Shuttle

A Story by miaaxi

There was a room full of students at the University of Franden, a 110-seat classroom crowded with students who were quick to ride on other people’s heads to listen to the class. Even the students have been standing for half an hour for this class. So who is so attractive to a man who puts down appointments, parties, and bars? In the middle of the platform, standing was a man with long white hair. The man was dressed in a suit, with a mustache and a white beard, a beard that was quite unique to its appearance. He was also wearing a pair of glasses, and on the platform he stood erect, looking like a very elegant gentleman, an old man that seemed to have such knowledge and wisdom.
 
 Kathy shouldered Aretha and whispered in her ear. “Aretha, this old man, though he may seem attractive, I really don’t know who he is, he appears to be 60, correct? I really don’t understand why so many people are crowded in the classroom.” Aretha was about to answer Kathy’s question when a voice from the back of their heads replied: “he’s John Walker, the greatest of the 21st century to present time of empty theorist, he elaborated the human to a four-dimensional time-space which is the most intuitive understanding that is clear. If you’ve ever seen his book Shuttle Time, you’ll be impressed by his academic charm.” Kathy and Aretha turned their heads, and only a boy with short blond hair was facing them. Cathy looked at the boy, who was a little cold, and said to him: “so you know him well?” The blond boy stared at the platform and said something like this. “I’m not like some people who don’t know anything but come here to waste time listening to Mr. Walker’s class. Who take up these seats when a lot of people are standing.” With his response, Kathy reacted with a litter anger as she heard this. She wanted to hit back at the proud blond boy, but Aretha grabbed her arm before she could do anything. Kathy felt uncomfortable and humiliated for wanting to do so.
 
 At the end of the class, many students appeared to be like mice, such as when seeing food and swarmed to the podium, demanding Mr. Walker’s signature. Mr. Walker was immediately surrounded by the students that you couldn’t see him in the crowd. Aretha and Kathy went to collect their books to go home but decided on going to the bakery. Kathy turned to Aretha and said: “I’m not going to accompany you next time to listen to the lesson, I have no interest and do not understand what the lecture is about, you see the blond boy behind us so prideful.” Aretha, put her hand on Kathy’s shoulder, and replied, “Kathy, Mr. Walker’s theory is so fascinating, his academic paper is very authoritative. But thank you for accompanying me to the class lecture.”
 
 Aretha was so busy looking for a cream cake, and she wasn’t aware of it. Until Kathy gave Aretha another glance, and Aretha was quick to react. She looked at Kathy, but Kathy pointed to the right of the room where there appeared to be the yellow-haired boy from the lecture. Aretha immediately motioned Kathy not to look for so much trouble. Kathy leaned over to Aretha’s ear and said, “I want to be friendly and say hello.” Aretha pulled Kathy’s sleeve again, and told her, “Kathy, he’s just here to buy something. Don’t embarrass him.” Kathy shrugged her shoulders and said, “I know, all want to say is hello to him.” As soon as the words were over, Kathy took advantage of Aretha’s attention and took her to the boy. The boy’s appearance is unique, he has a freckled face, wearing ordinary clothes, but always carries a cold expression, and appears as though all he does is spend his time studying. “Hey, did you come here for cream bread, too? I think pride and coldness can be used as food!” As Kathy finished saying, Aretha immediately took Kathy’s hand and motioned Kathy to leave the boy alone. The boy lifted his head slowly, and as he and Kathy are very close to each other, they can both hear each other’s breathing. The blonde boy stared at Kathy’s eyes and said: “ignorance and stupidity maybe can be used as bread and butter.” Kathy’s face went red when she heard his response. It seemed that Kathy was angry. Seeing this, Aretha, immediately took Kathy behind her, Aretha was a little nervous at the boy but said: “sorry, Kathy is my good friend, I am Aretha, please don’t blame her.” The boy responded “Well, Aretha, I’m Kevin. You don’t have to apologize for her. It’s her fault, not yours.” As he finished what he had to say, Kevin immediately left.

© 2017 miaaxi


Author's Note

miaaxi
this is my first story that I am posting. Please let me know what you think of it. Thank you. Also I will be continuing with the story. Look forward to more!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on October 23, 2017
Last Updated on October 23, 2017
Tags: short story, novel

Author