Before The Gates Of Alahsar - Original Version.

Before The Gates Of Alahsar - Original Version.

A Poem by shadrach hah
"

The first part of my tale from the time before times.

"

Before The Gates Of Alahsar - Original Version

1.
Sweet Alahsar, thy golden crowns adorned the sky of verdant blue, sweet land of dream, throne of Amethyst, land of sunlight, ever shining. Children of the mortal kind, on silver walkways, they find their way to the very heart of dream, the golden gates of Alahsar. Before these gates in long ago, the dark ones came to conquer light. Upon the timeless battlements an Angel stood, sweet womanhood, Her soft brown eyes beheld the foe, as darkness came upon the scene, She watched as mortal men did march through the golden gates, as if in dream. Brave the knights that rode away, armour bright in Summer light, followed by the infantry, bedecked in Summer's brightest colours. Brave the soldiers of that day, hearts of steel, they marched away, Upon Badicha's mighty plain, life's battle for to fight this day. Womanhood did watch from on high, as Fathers, Sons and Lovers marched away. Into the light, the glory bright which e'er did shine on badicha. Her womanhood stood with the rest upon bright battlements of gold, tears, in eyes so young and bold, above the gates of Alahsar. Upon Badicha's mighty plain where man and beast both had come, weapons of destruction meeting, tortured hearts in anguish crying, pain and death their victims seeking, Hearts on darkening pain a-dying, clashing of Faith against Faith, divinity weeping at such a sight. As women's eyes were sorrowfully watching, tears did fall as they watched the red, not but Fifteen minutes passing, sweet Alahsar's manhood lying dead. Wondrous eyes this pain had watched, now looked up to God's Heavenly blue, crying out to the friend of darkness to come and do what he does do. Still, some survive, running blindly to the gates where safety lies, Beasts of darkness do not follow, they stay 'neath the darkening skies. Darkness, oh, Badicha is fallen, will light shine their, e'er again? As the darkness ever deepens, hearts are dismal, all is pain. soldiers running, madly rushing, safety held within golden gates, wide eyed mortals, fear exploding, hearts all burning with fear's light. Shall all dreams be filled with darkness? never light to guide the way, darkened dreams all filled with sadness, will; the light come out of day? __________________________ To Be Continued..........

© 2021 shadrach hah


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I just stumbled on this series of yours. Before I read the rest may I ask if these characters are fictional or historical? That one line gets caught in my head...to come and do what he does do. I'll wait till I finish to say more. Love it though!

Posted 2 Years Ago


I have read this twice now, I really enjoyed this. I can't wait to read part 3

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shadrach hah

2 Years Ago

Hi Kerra, thank you for dropping by and the review, it is much appreciated. I am so glad you are enj.. read more
and how the ancient myths never get old, and never die....how history in wars and love repeats itself
over and over.
the more things change, the more they stay the same.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shadrach hah

2 Years Ago

Hi Jacob, thank you for dropping by and the review on this piece, it is much appreciated. Indeed, th.. read more
I am impressed by this because it shows a whole turn in your style and talent! very well written piece of poetical story, You put me in the ambiance of Troy and ancient myths, and yes I love them! amazing one dear Mike~

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shadrach hah

2 Years Ago

Hi Gounwah, thank you for dropping by and the review on this piece, it is much appreciated. I also l.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
4 Reviews
Added on November 14, 2021
Last Updated on November 14, 2021
Tags: dark, light, fantasy, death, battle, war

Author

shadrach hah
shadrach hah

Cowdenbeath, Fife, United Kingdom



About
I am a would-be poet who likes to let the heart sing as it chooses. There is always romance in the air. more..

Writing