Troll

Troll

A Poem by The Immortal Phoenix

shhhhhhh
 
Can you here it?

Can you feel it?

It's clawing, pounding, trying to get out. 
 Screeching as my flesh burns.
Reaching out, trying to fend off the flames

Why?

Don't do this.

It stops talking and begins to shout
The change persists as the fire swirls around
The thing resists as my horns slowly turn to ash.

NO!

STOP!

I CAN GIVE YOU EVERYTHING!

Guided  by the lies I spout
I am burning to a pile of ash
and the troll inside is yearning to be free

I can feel her claws scrape the inside of my skull, trying to escape
as the world as she knew it burns around her.
Everything turns to dust as the change takes,
Till ash is all that's left.

© 2018 The Immortal Phoenix


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
This is sounds to me like old Faust fight in between heaven and hell. How you tried maintain your id at cage of your flesh and soul. This is quiet fresh look on problem of trolls. I find quiet amusing like some people get so easily offended by human stupidity. I can when someone trolling me i let him do it his job but i don't participate on his mind game etc. Anyway i enjoy your view cause even internet trolls are humans and maybe they have good reasons why they are trolls. By the way i like more trolls from Norse mythology .

Posted 3 Years Ago


L.O.L. I like the whole phoenix thing. This is great! I do think throughout it, you may want to add some punctuation.

“shhhhhhh

Can you here it?

Can you feel it.”
I love the way you start off, kind of slow and quiet. I did notice that, unless you are making a point with using a period instead of a question mark, I think the third line should end in a question mark.

“Its clawing, pounding trying to get out.
Screeching as my flesh burns.
Reaching out, trying to fend off the flames”
Again, I love the phoenix theme. This is an intense visual. It's kind of a cool contrast that the enemy is the one “[fending] off the flames”. I think “its” should be “it's” with an apostrophe because it's a contraction.

“Why.

Don't do this”
The dialogue like this is a cool addition. I like getting to hear the voice of the troll. “Why” should probably end in a question mark.

“It stops talking and begins to shout
The change persists as the fire swirl around
The thing resists as my horns slowly turn to ash.”
The “It stops talking...” line is good and I love the reference to “horns”. The poems getting more intense and you can kind of feel the tension rising here.

“NO!

STOP!

I CAN GIVE YOU EVERYTHING!

Guided by the lies I spout
I am burning to a pile of ash
and the troll inside is yearning to escape”
The guiding “lies” part is interesting and I love this whole idea of the troll “yearning to escape”. We are definitely starting to feel that tension.

“I can feel his claws scraping the inside of my skull trying to escape”
I like the repetition of the C or K sound, and the imagery of this whole last stanza. I do think that you may want to avoid repeating “Escape” especially in two lines back to back.

“as the word as he knew it burns around him.”
Slight typo with “word” needing to be “world”. Love the idea of the troll's world crashing down around it.


“Everything turns to dust as the change takes,
Till ash is all that is left.”
It's cool because it's like it has ended quietly, like it began. I like the rising of tension through the poem sandwiched between the stillness of the beginning and this spectacular ending.

I love this. It's a fun little insight into the thoughts of mickey fighting off those urges to troll.
I had fun reading it!


Posted 5 Years Ago


The Immortal  Phoenix

5 Years Ago

will fix typos. As always thank you
The Immortal  Phoenix

5 Years Ago

I definitely had fun writing this and will probable write another one like it
H L Rose

5 Years Ago

Of course! Excited to see the next one!
......this poem is def something. you have a couple of minor spelling/grammatical errors: "hear" (not "here"), "swirls"; "as the *world". But this is otherwise engaging, thrilling, and a true specimen of your talent as a writer. Well done! That last line is simply killer).

Posted 5 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2018
Last Updated on October 8, 2018

Author

The Immortal  Phoenix
The Immortal Phoenix

townsend , DE



About
My Name is Micky Gear. I am the immortal Phoenix. You cannot kill me, at this point my biggest fear is myself. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Lost Love Lost

A Poem by ElizaB


I'm Falling I'm Falling

A Poem by Talia