Welcome to the circus

Welcome to the circus

A Chapter by K.G
"

A foreign exchange student who has never been to the circus before. . .enters one for the first time with her new friends. . .or has she?

"

Poor guy. . .well he will see his son. . .eventually. . .now were gonna go see my friends circus, care to join me?

**********************************************************************

 

The sky was darkening as we stood before the twisted iron gate . We stood waiting to be granted entrance into the circus. As we stood the perfect October wind plays with our hair and gently nips at our exposed skin. It even brought in the smell of popcorn and other sweets that we will be soon eating and drinking. As I waited in place in the not too cold autumn afternoon, the wind decided to blow my bangs gently into the front of my eyes, causing me to flick them back to place. My first time going to a circus. An American circus at that. I look around, people and children were getting impatient from waiting.

 

Around me children were tugging at there parents. Crying and pouting to get in. Some of the older kids were chasing each other, maybe playing some little games, all just to pass the time. The adults just chatted amongst themselves, if anything, trying to calm down the rampaging children. Us teenagers were more joyful, some bout the same as the adult. Chat and gossip is what we do best, for others chasing down and scolding at our younger siblings. But none the less, we waited. Everyone, no matter who we were, wanted to quickly get inside and have some fun. Our wishes were soon granted.

 

The twisted gates finally opened. As they opened, we saw a red carpet being rolled out. Following the unraveling carpet was a tall thin man hiding his face behind a weird looking top hat. He was wearing a fitting tail coat that was black and white with silver buckles everywhere. Pants where black and skin fitting with some riding boots that looked like they were painted on. His hat was interesting too for it went from to white all around but it was also an odd shaped top hat to begin with.. It also had neat little trinkets and chains around the hat. Sticking out of it was a big blue peacock-like feather and some Japanese hair pins?

 

When the carpet stopped he did too. First he bowed to the crowd in a odd fashion; his hat was still on his head as he bowed very low(almost touching the ground in fact ). When he was moving to do his bow, his right foot was brought out then with the tip of his boot never leaving the ground, he circled that leg behind his left and had it behind it, bending his knees just barely to bow forward. His right arm behind him, his left across his torso. From where I stood, I could see the grin on his face. Something from that grin felt off. After a few of holding that bow, he straightened himself up. Now posed like a ballerina ready to start her performance.

 

When he had straighten up, he had taken off his hat with his right, with his left he had produced a black and silver cane crowned with an interesting polished white rock. A warm and welcoming smile was on his face, different from the one he had earlier. Black hair was poking in every which direction as he spoke to the crowd. “Ladies and gentleman of all shapes and desires! I am proud to say. . .” he siad loudly while tossing his hat up in the air “ Let the show begin!” Fire works blasted and brightened the evening sky. Every one looked at his hat when it too exploded, releasing glowing lights, allowing it to be the key to light up the circus. No one moved, too awe struck by the lighting ceremony.

 

The ring master looked around his eyes changing into a red, his cheerful smile gone. One hand on his hip, the other leaning on his cane, tapping his foot impatiently “well? Is everyone coming in or not”? As if snapped out from a trance, everyone started moving and talking animatedly. I watched them as they passed threw the gate. Something felt off. “Come on Jeanne! Lets hurry and go inside!” ,my friends pushed me into the gates. I wonder why this place looked familiar to me. But the funny thing is, I’ve never been to the circus before.

 

My eyes grew big an full, I thought I was gonna cry from the sight. Everything was so welcoming and dreamy. The circus had a red and gold theme, but every where I turned every tent look like ordinary tents, excepts for the size. Yet each sign when you read them makes you curious. From the outside they keep to the theme but when we enter them. . .We gasp in surprise and be awed by others, because in the inside ,it was true to what the sign siad outside. One tent was a pitch black room filled with neon lights, when the doors closed out of nowhere people came from above and start dancing on what looked like really long strips of clothe. Each of the acrobatic dancers were elaborately done in some kind of bright colorful body paint.

The performance was something that I’ve never seen before. We go to another. When we entered, the first thing we saw was something like a set to see in a erotica movie. Yet there on the bed a contortionist laid there. She looked like she was sleeping, even though her body was positioned in a weird way. Her legs were on the wall, perfectly aliened with it. It was like she was a 90 degree angle. Her head was closer to the audience, tilted, and her back laying on the bed, arms spread like he was falling gracefully.

 

But when the music started to play that’s when she “awoke”. The performance started. No words can described how she got up from her position and started to twist and twirl. It was enchanting, even towards the end when smoke engulfed her. After a few other tents and trying the interesting treats, we went to go play some games and try the rides. We played and laughed, not caring about the time. Till suddenly a loud gong rang throughout the circus. I took this chance to relies how dark it became.

 

The Ring master, though now with a change of color in his attire, made a sudden

announcement. “Ladies an gentlemen of all desires and attractions, to save the best for last, let the finally begin!” He pointed with his cane to the biggest tent. That tent no one was allowed in, until now. “Come one come all and join me for your final hour!” With that, like the magician, he disappeared amongst the stars. Everyone was herded towards the big tent. I didn’t know what I was doing, but something told me, in the pit of my stomach, that something bad was going to happen.

 

We went into the tent. Once everyone settled down, the ring master appeared. In another different colored attire, he starts talking to crowd ”Let us” drum rolls “begin”! Lights dim, music plays, and the show begins. Everything was spectacular, animals running in a circle doing a tricks and dance. Acrobats doing daring acts. Clowns pulling pranks. A magician doing more daring tricks.

Every act that came awed, and sometimes made others gasp. But the final act. The Grand Finally. Was Horror. One final time the ring master came out. His clothing was black, outlined with silver. The ring masters eyes frightened me more. A very bright red colored his eyes.

 

Behind him his shadow grew, the lights flickered and darkened more. “Ladies and gentlemen of all flavors and delicacies, the grand final” The music became darker. “Is You!” The clowns came down and started slaughtering everyone. Everyone was screaming and trying to run away. The once wonderful aerial performers now swooped down and snatched people from the stands. People disappeared, everyone dieing.

 

Then suddenly as I was trying to escape, something wrapped around me, bringing to the one who was controlling this hoax. He whispered into my ear” I see we meet again my dear” He lowered lips closer and closer to my neck. The feeling of his lips down my neck tickled and teased my skin. A very cold sensation crawled over my skin. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t think. My mind could only focus on what he was about to do next.

 

“and this time your not gonna escape”, I didn’t know what would happen next, but the last thing I remembered was feeling his smile form on my skin. Then the next, was lost in the chaos.

 

***

All That was left from the circus was its remains. A big fire had happen. All that was left was scraps of cloth, chard wood, metal, and a man with an odd top hat.

 

Ms. Night, Next time come join me on the stage, your acts are always welcome, and the pay is good.

Now ,now Mr. Noctis be nice, and we can later about the good old days. Right now i have guests

As you wish Ms.Night(he walks back a few steps into the shadows, like a chesire cat, only a grin and a pair of eyes were last to disapear.)

On with the show?



© 2012 K.G


Author's Note

K.G
what do you guys think of my second one? if u havnt read the first one yet , you should :3 oh and the girls name is french :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... I haven't been on in a while... but this is actually amazing. Beautiful with the slight hint of agonized delicacy. Well written! Some minor things here and there. BRAVO!

Posted 11 Years Ago


God, the Ringmaster was creepy as heck but I kinda liked his character too. This is my favorite story in so far! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K.G

11 Years Ago

i love u!
L. Catherine

11 Years Ago

Hehehe thanks! XP
K.G

10 Years Ago

ur wellcome love lol XD
OMG SHINY!!! :O The ringmaster fellow scares me 0.0 Lawl good story :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Admiral Kirk

11 Years Ago

Haha, cool!!! :D
K.G

11 Years Ago

yes :3 cause u seem to like it so much haha
Admiral Kirk

11 Years Ago

lol XD
This is really good!! I loved it!! Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K.G

11 Years Ago

:( im srry
BakaBrook

11 Years Ago

N-no! Don't apologise >-
K.G

11 Years Ago

:0 okay

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2012
Last Updated on September 15, 2012
Tags: The, circus, read, me, a, series, of, little, scare, tales


Author

K.G
K.G

Bipolor, WA



About
Hello everyone! Im putting a pause on poetry, and pressed play on stories, more..

Writing
The Monroe Killer The Monroe Killer

A Story by K.G



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..