Close One

Close One

A Chapter by *Evelen*

I sat there, and dug in my book bag for my iPod. It had to be here somewhere.

           "Hey Rizza." Gabe greeted me with a wicked smile.

          I looked up from my bag with a painted mask hiding away my true feelings. “Yah?” I answered while looking him straight into his eyes with a little painted smile.

          “I’m having this party and you should come.”He urged me. His eyes were big in excitement waiting for me to answer. Too bad the answer wasn’t in his favor.

          “I don’t know…” I told them with uneasiness in my voice, when really I was thinking flat out NO.

          “We won’t take advantage of you or anything.”Jake assured me with a twisted smile. For some reason I thought he was lying.   

          I stared at him with a not so convincing look and Tony joined me. “What the f**k?” Tony told Jake under his breath. He punched Jake in the arm with an annoyed look on his face. “Now she won’t want to come.” He growled at Jake under his breath, but I could hear it. I pretended that I didn’t though. I’ve found out it’s best to just act like you don’t hear awkward things.

          I looked back down at my book bag and smiled when I found my iPod. “Yes.” I mumbled to myself. This will make this a lot easier. I pulled it out and Gabe stared at me.

          “So no then?” he asked me with a disappointed look.

          I looked at him and gave him a sweet smile. “Yah, sorry.” I faked apologized. “I’m not much of a party person.” I laughed, while shaking my head in disagreement and popping my head phones in.

          “Well… I’ll be there.” He assured me with a smile. “I’ll make sure nothing happens to you, and I could introduce you to some people.” He assured me hoping that it would change my answer to yes.

          “I don’t think I’ll be able to go. You know… parents. They are pretty protective of me.” I lied to him.

          “O… that sucks.” He whispered in disappointment.

          “Sorry.” I told him with a frown.

          I looked down at my iPod and messed around with it trying to find a good song to listen to.

          “What’s that?” Gabe asked me while pointing at my wrist.

          I froze at the spot and looked down where he was pointing at. It was a bruise. It seemed as though a bracelet as the dark purple and black wrapped around it, suffocating my wrist. I pulled down my sleeve and gave an embarrassed smile.

          “I’m not sure how I got that.” I lied while fake laughing trying to get him to believe me. My laugher slowly died down and my smile along with it. I knew what happened, but it was my problem and complaining about it wouldn’t help… no it wouldn’t. As much as I wish it would… it never would.

          “It looks like a hand print.” Gabe pointed out while grabbing my arm and pulling up my sleeve.

          I quickly jerked my arm away from him with fear filling my eyes, yet quickly they calmed making sure not to reveal my true feelings. “Naw, it’s nothing.” I laughed a little hoping they would buy into it. Gabe stared at me as if trying to decide whether or not to believe me.

          I knew only one way to get out of this, to ensure that they wouldn’t find out about my secret. “So about that party… Maybe I can sneak out and come?” The words flew out my mouth as if I meant them to, yet I was surprised at what I had said.

          A smile crossed all three of their faces, and they instantly forgot about the bruise. “That would be amazing!” Gabe shouted out while jumping from his seat. He leaned in close to my face. He was so close that I could taste his breath, yet I didn’t flinch. “I’ll see you tonight then.” He whispered with his frost filled blue eyes staring right through mine.

          “Yah…”



© 2010 *Evelen*


Author's Note

*Evelen*
hope you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on December 16, 2010
Last Updated on December 16, 2010


Author

*Evelen*
*Evelen*

In my own little world



About
Well I just turned 17! Yays so I thought to update I suppose. My writing usually in some way reflects on what I'm going through or went through. Even if fiction it has something in it that I have lear.. more..

Writing
survive survive

A Book by *Evelen*