Who Am I?

Who Am I?

A Chapter by *Evelen*

I opened my eyes and was confused from the start, as I saw bright blue light filling the room.

                   Where am I?

          I held my head with my hand and slowly sat up from the cold floor. I felt dizzy and weak. I tried to stand but my legs wobbled in disagreement. They were too weak to stand, and I ended up collapsing back down to the cold floor. I stared down at the floor with fear in my eyes. It was glass. I pressed my hand hard against it watching as fog creped from underneath my hand. The glass was crystal clear and was cold as ice; beyond it you could see endless darkness.  

                    BAM….BAM…

          My head snapped over to the faint pounding noise. Was someone else here with me? My eyes scanned around the empty room till I found him. He was pounding on a wall of glass that was separating us. His mouth was moving, but I couldn’t make out what he was saying. He seemed strangely familiar. His long jagged black hair fell over his face making him look even paler than he was. I couldn’t shake the urge to calm him down. My heart yearned to move his hair from his face, so I could see it better. Why did I want to comfort him?

          BOOM BOOM BOOM… his pounding continued to echo through the room making me uneasy. He started to pound harder-faster, and his mouth opened wider as if he was yelling. Yet nothing reached my ears. His teeth were so white… so sharp. A tear started to roll down his cheek as his hand slid down the glass wall slowly in defeat. His mouth moved one more time, and I could make out what he said.

                    “Evelen.”

          Who was Evelen? I looked behind me thinking that someone else was there, but I found no one. I looked back and stared at him as his hand pressed harder to the glass, and his head bent towards me. I was Evelen..? That was the only answer. Then who was he? How did he know me, and where were we?

          I slowly started to crawl over to him, inching my way to the strange man that knew me. Yet, I froze when I saw a figure in the glass. She was little, frail, and too pale to be healthy yet her skin glowed like stars. Her hair was light blonde and fell around her body in long spirals. A white lily was placed on the side of her head. Her intensifying green eyes stared back at me in shock, and that’s when I noticed she was naked. The onlything that covered her was her long hair and… I squinted my eyes to what was on her back. Long white feathered wings toward over her. Her mouth opened in shock.

                   “Wait…” I whispered to myself.

          I waved my hand and she mimicked the same thing back. Both our hand slowly went towards the glass that was between us and both our hands met. Her face twisted in confusion. She was me? I sat there bewildered. “Why didn’t I even remember what I looked like? My hand slowly reached behind my back to touch my wings. They were soft and warm. I closed my eyes for a moment  trying to remember everything, but nothing came to mind. I slowly opened my eyes up to find the young man staring at me.

                   “Evelen.” His mouth moved once again.

          He pressed his hand hard against the glass wall, and my eyes stared at it in confusion. I didn’t even notice that my own hand was slowly moving towards his. I hesitated on placing it on top of his. I stared at him with wide eyes trying to soak in his image, hoping that I would remember who he was. I moved my other hand a crossed my forehead motioning for him to move his hair from his face.

          His mouth curved into a small smile, and he used his other hand to remove his dark hair from his face. My body leaned in closer towards the glass and my eyes watched closely waiting for something… but what? They were just eyes right? What was so special about them?

           Slowly his hair moved out of his face revealing dark blood red eyes. I gasped and stared deeply into them. Even though the crimson red eyes were different- no special, they seemed warm and welcoming. They reminded me of something…..     



© 2010 *Evelen*


Author's Note

*Evelen*
Thank you for reading and sorry about the grammar.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:O
This is actually amazing. Like the person below, I couldn't stop reading. When a tear rolled down his cheek my throat actually closed, I felt like I was going to cry! Sooooooo good, I can't wait to read the rest. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
OH. MAI. GOD. that was intense. i was enthralled. i couldnt stop reading. my mouth hung open like i was an idiot or something. you described this so well. i love it. such an amazing idea. and so creative. and wow. it just sunned me. i freaking love it. omg, you have no idea how beautiful this is. and dont worry about the grammar. and dont thank us for reading; we should thank you for writing! (:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on December 28, 2010


Author

*Evelen*
*Evelen*

In my own little world



About
Well I just turned 17! Yays so I thought to update I suppose. My writing usually in some way reflects on what I'm going through or went through. Even if fiction it has something in it that I have lear.. more..

Writing
survive survive

A Book by *Evelen*



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..