The Explanation

The Explanation

A Chapter by Kali the Akumu Kitten
"

Third chapter

"

 Sitting down in the back table of the library, was Me, at the head with Mike sitting next to me, Nyox sitting on the other side glaring at her while Damian awe's at her beauty, and star sitting at the end feeling a bit strange. She's so used to being the only Human who knows about the vampires in the school. "Okay....so I guess you guys would like to know who Mike is....." I said biting on my nails, a habit I just seemed to pick up on the way to the library. 

They all just nodded, Looking at mike. 

     "Okay...see Nyox, Mike is the mystery guy that I always talk about. He's been looking for me for a year" I said not looking at anyone. 

     "Why would he be looking for you? The only way he would even remember you would be if you guys where..." Nyox said not finishing her sentence. Her mouth dropped in disbelief. 

     "Would be what? What's going on? Nyox? Kali?" Star said trying to get someone attention. 

     "Yes.....we are" I said nodding now looking at Mike with a slight smile. 

     "You are?" Nyox said with the same unreadable expression from before. 

     "We are" I repeated for her again, now looking at her. 

     "You are what?" Star said getting frustrated, being ignored wasn't her favorite thing. 

     "Imprinted...there Imprinted." Damian said, speaking for the first time in this little intervention. 

     "Imprinted?" Star said now even more confused than before. 

     "Yes Imprinted! Now can we please stop repeating what the last person said! Its very annoying" I said dropping my head onto the table, hitting my forehead on the table hard. "Ow...." I mumbled. Mike just rubbed my back gentle what relaxed me a little, its like he knew exactly what I needed. I lifted my head up and looked at Star. "Okay Star, Im going to let you in on the little secret. Imprinting, is like...like...." I repeated looking for the right way to put this. 

     "That thing humans do they call blood brothers!" Nyox chirped, smiling like she just gave the answer to a million dollar question. 

     "Yes, thats a good way of putting it. This is like blood brothers, but stronger. When I fed from Mike for the first time, it created a bond that only happens unless our souls where meant to be. Its a very rare thing to happen, lucky me!" I said rolling my eyes a little."So...Now you all know. Now we need a story for him, People are going to notice how we are with each other. Nyox, I need you to start a grade A Rumor about us two. Anything is fine, we met on Vacation or whatever, also see what people are expecting for this stupid halloween party where now having" I said while doodling little purple hearts with my sharpie on the table. Looking up at the clock, they used the whole study period/free period. The bell rang, all five got up at once. "Looks like its time to go, I'll see you after school?" I said looking at Mike. 

     "Yup, I'll met you at your car at 2:15. Bye Kali" Mike said then leaned in and kissed me softly smiling, then waved at the other than ran off. 

I sighed, and watched him go. I couldn't believe this was happening to me, the girl that sat home and read romance books about the vampire finding his or her true love. The girl that talked to her cat about her boy problems, now has a boy who never wants to leave her side. I could have Daydreamed about Mike all day, but then the second bell rang for class. And I was late. "Crap.." I mumbled as a i bent down and picked up my bag and waved goodbye to Damian and Nyox as I grabbed star and began running to our next class. 

     We got to class in to time, But I did hear people already whispering about the party and me and Mike. Looks like Nyox is going to need to work harder... Once in class, they both sat down. The teacher, Mr.Conafield  our Social teacher, or my worst enemy, was writing the assignment up on the bored. Before I could even rip out a piece of paper, Star already was writing a note at lightning speed. Less the one minute  later I got the note. 


I'm still completely confused!?!?!?! I get the imprint thing, but I don't understand why you and your sister are so freaked out by it. It's not really bad is it? Can you get in trouble? 

 

 

I sighed and picked up my pen and dipped it in my purple ink. I never use regular pens or pencils, I always enjoyed the old way's things where done. I re-read the note and wrote underneath it. 


It's a pretty big deal Star, You know Im supposed to be finding my vampire "Prince" as Nyox likes to put it. Not a human, and now that I Imprinted, I can never fall in love with a guy like me because Im already meant to be with Mike now. We cant get in trouble, there's no punishment for something that we can control like this, but my mom wont be happy with me about this. By the way, Good job during lunch. Thank you! I owe you big time.

 

 

I gave it to star slyly and then looked up at the bored to see what exactly what we where doing today. Of course Mr.Conafield gave some heavy work for us today, being friday and all you wouldn't think he would be a bit nicer today or anything. No of course not. I pulled out my textbook and my notebook and began working on the class work. I wasn't even done with the second question before I got another note. 

 

I Think that Vampire "Prince" Is bull, Im happy that you found someone that you like because he's meant for you and not because he's a vampire. Wait, you always Owe me big time! If you add up all the times I saved you from getting caught, you would have to be my slave to pay me back. : ) 

 

I smiled while reading the note. Star was always there for me, she was the only human who knew about me,Nyox, and Damian. Not even my best friend Alice knew about my little secret. So I could always go to her when I had a problem like this. I dipped my pen in the ink and began to write. 

 

Yes master.....what ever you say master.....

 

 

 

I gave her the note then shook my head, the sign meaning "No more notes". Mr.Conafield was kept looking over at them, and the last thing she wanted was trouble from him. So I went back to my work, not really paying attention to the words I was writing on my paper. I never needed to study, or even work hard. The things we learned in school I already knew for some reason. Mother never told Nyox and me why, she just said we where 'Gifted' and left it at that. Before I knew it, I finished all 25 questions on the chapter. Smiled to myself and walked up and handed Mr.Conafield my paper. 

     "Finished already Ms.Luna?" he said snatching the paper from my hand and looking over my work, he's nose scrunching up his nose. Telling me that I got every question right, what he hated. It's like he prays for day where I fail something. 

     "Yes, Mr.Conafield." I said simply and went back to my seat. Once I sat down again, Star looked at me with glare. I looked at her paper, she was on question 12. I just mouthed "Keep working" and picked up my music book and began composing some more music for Orchestra next period.  It's always been my favorite class since Freshman year, being surrounded by other Violinist like me. I felt like we were all in harmony, nothing else mattered when we were playing. And since I became the Concertmaster, head of the Strings, Orchestra became even more enjoyable. Another reason why I like the Violin so much os because its about the only thing Im better at then Nyox. Who's about good at everything, from Fashion to cooking. 

     I was done with a rough draft of a new song for class when the bell rang. 

     "So will I see you after school?" Star said gathering up her books. 

     "Um, no. I guess me and Mike are going to hang out. You know, to talk and stuff" I said in a whisper, I didn't want anyone to hear what we were talking about. "So, I'll talk to you tonight?" I said already walking out the door. 

     'Sure.....whatever" she said simply and then walked away. 

     I wasn't really paying attention to her sudden attitude change, I was to pumped about Orchestra. 

 

 

   

 

 

 

 



© 2008 Kali the Akumu Kitten


Author's Note

Kali the Akumu Kitten
Not done. But still tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i LOVE it
soooo keep writering
iza

Posted 14 Years Ago


ZOMG I luffs it!!!! You are way to freakin's smart and creative for your age!!!! Heather ish jealous!!!

Haha, really this is fantastic!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 9, 2008


Author

Kali the Akumu Kitten
Kali the Akumu Kitten

Halloween town



About
"ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR" "STICKS AND STONES MAY BRAKE MY BONES, BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME" " I WRITE FOR THE SAME REASON I BREATH, IF I DONT I WILL DIE" "I LISTEN TO HIS FAVORITE SO.. more..

Writing