Knowing What Causes Boils And How To Remedy Them Efficiently

Knowing What Causes Boils And How To Remedy Them Efficiently

A Story by Mike Joe
"

This article gives some helpful pointers on how to cure and prevent boils, as well as info on what causes boils.

"

For lots of us, getting sicknesses like colds and cough from time to time due to our hectic day-to-day schedules could be quite disappointing. Though they hinder us from our duties and daily routines, thankfully enough these can be treated with simple treatments like water therapy, rest and several prescribed drugs, and we'd "on the go" once more. Nevertheless, getting something more serious like boils is something that we would NEVER EVER want to be subjected to. This article will share to you what causes boils (see ), as well as a few basic guidelines on how to handle them effectively.


Description -- For the benefit of those people fortunate enough to not have gotten any boil yet, let's first describe what this condition actually is. Boils (or "furuncles") are defined as reddish and bumpy lumps found on the epidermis, typically warm and could give quite a discomfort and some irritation to the sufferer. Varying from the size of a pea to that of a golf ball, it usually involves a hair follicle which is surrounded by pus. When it is about to drain, a yellow-colored point could be observed at the middle of the swelling.


Causes -- So, what really triggers this type of skin problem? The "perpetrator" is actually a bacteria known as Staphylococcus. Typically, infections brought about by this bacteria could turn into abscesses, becoming very serious at a rapid rate and would certainly need some immediate medical treatment. It gets into the skin thru small cracks or breaks, or just by going to a hair down to its roots. Vulnerability to this particular kind of ailment could be caused by poor hygiene, lack of nutrition, diabetes, weak immune system, and also some dangerous chemicals that can come in contact with the skin and irritate it.


Cures And Prevention -- Fortuitously, there are ways to avoid and deal with the problem efficiently. Primary rule that one should take note on how to treat a boil is to NEVER poke it with a needle. Although this could appear as an immediate relief for the suffering, doing this would actually enhance the possibility of spreading the infection to the other parts of the body, even leading to clusters called "carbuncles" which is an awful mixture of dead tissue, fluid and pus.


Moreover, if you have touched an infected body part with your hands, quickly wash your hands carefully. Leaving your hands "dirty" will really cause the spreading of the boil too, specifically through scratching. Practicing proper personal hygiene is strongly encouraged.


You could use thinly-sliced potato in order to hasten the pus to go up to the skin surface. Apple cider vinegar is recognized for its valuable qualities after the boil has drained out, as it is normally poured over directly into the infected area for cleaning. Garlic and onion, which function as organic forms of antiseptic, can be used for treatment method too. Increased intake of green and leafy vegetables could also boost your resistance from boils. Remember that knowing what causes boils and ways to treat them effectively will help you go a long way in staying free from boils!

© 2012 Mike Joe


Author's Note

Mike Joe
contains some medical terms

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

338 Views
Added on November 27, 2012
Last Updated on November 27, 2012
Tags: how to treat a boil, what causes boils, health, lifestyle, how to

Author

Mike Joe
Mike Joe

Davao, Region 11, Philippines



About
I write just about anything under the sun.:) more..

Writing