Well That Was Fun...

Well That Was Fun...

A Chapter by Mary Something--Or--Other

I stayed calm—how I’ll never know—but I did. He turned his face away when I reached up to cup his cheek in my hand, so I stoked his cheek with the back of my fingers. “How can I make you understand, Cal? I am in love with you. There’s no going back now!” He turned his head, avoiding my gaze. “I’m sorry if what I said upset you, babe. I didn’t mean to. Calvin, what you are doesn’t scare me. It doesn’t make me uncomfortable, and it doesn’t keep me from loving you. I just want to be here for you…”

 

Calvin looked down at me softly, like he was about to cry. “You…” He shook his head. “I’ve never had anyone say this to me. Not in 266 years, Shane!”

 

I smiled. “Can’t say that anymore.” His look was filled with longing and sorrow as he stroked a strand of hair from my face and caressed my cheek. That made me worried. “What is it?”

 

“You just look…” I watched him give into the desire and start kissing me. His lips were freezing on mine, but my mouth soon heated so much that I hardly noticed.

 

He moved down my cheek and to my ear, placing his chilled arms at my waist, then my back.

 

With a soft moan I was lifted into his arms, sitting upright on the bed. I slipped my hands under his shirt and lifted it away. With one swift motion mine was off my back as well, and I was awestruck for a moment at how bold he’d suddenly become. He kissed my distraction away, this time desperately, as if he were starving.

 

His hands met my neck and as gently as he could he slid then down my shoulders, my bra straps falling to the sides of my arms. I was then swiftly pushed back onto the bed, and his kisses became frantic as he moved his lips to my neck. My breaths came out in pants when he kisses turned hard and rough, moving down my collarbone and shoulders but never nipping at my skin.

 

My body temperature began to rise and his cold breath felt so soothing and absolutely intoxicating on my exposed skin. He raised my left arm over my head, but before he could do the same with the other I entwined our fingers together and ran them up and down his body, making him moan—loudly. He kissed and pulled at my skin with his lips, rubbing his hips into mine.

 

“Cal…” His name filled the air and incased us together in a world where we were all alone. A world where nothing mattered. A world where we could be together without fear. Our world…

 

But the spell was broken when he lifted his head, and I looked into those dead eyes that stared at my neck. He opened his mouth to reveal his elongated white fangs and lunged for my throat. But I was just a second faster. I threw up my arm in defense and his sharp teeth scraped deep into my skin.

 

I watched him swallow hard then fall off the bed with a thud. He violently shook all over the place, blood dripping from my arm and his lips. As he reached his hands up on the wall his long, shiny black claws scraped though the paint and peeled down the plaster.

 

After bolting out of the room I heard him run out the front door. I grabbed a blanket and my hoodie and ran after him as fast as I could.

 

“Cal!” I called. “Calvin, stop!” He fell down the apartment stairs, crashing his neck into the corner at the bottom. “Calvin!”

 

I got to him when he collapsed in front of the glass door that led to the parking lot. By then a few of my neighbors had come outside to see what was going on. I casually wrapped him up in the blanket and slung his arm over my shoulder, coving his mouth with my free hand and staring back up the stairs. “That was quite a spill,” I laughed. “Let’s get you upstairs before you get sick.”

 

“Is he drunk?” a short, middle-aged man in a blue bathrobe and fuzzy slippers asked when we were all the way up the stairs.

 

A woman in a silky rose nightgown covered in yellow flowers rolled her eyes, her door already halfway shut. “Probably…”

 

I just ignored her—that was better than them thinking Cal was some cursed, blood lusting, demon dude at least—and entered back into my apartment. When the door was safely shut and locked behind us I looked around as we staggered toward couch. It wasn’t too bad at all. A few scrapes on the wall and door, one broken vase and one lamp on the floor that, thankfully, didn’t look broken.

 

When finally we reached my soft, midnight-blue couch I lied him down on his stomach and sat next to his shaking body as he buried his face into the pillows. Though he was still cold to the touch his back was sweaty against my fingers and palm. His body was tense as it trembled, and he tried to hide it from me but I think he was crying.

 

His neck was bleeding from where he’d crashed into the side of the stairs, so I ran and got a wet washcloth to place over the cut. Covering him with the blanket and gently stroking his back to soothe him I watched as his body relaxed and his breathing steadied.

 

He was asleep, and I knew what I had to do.



© 2009 Mary Something--Or--Other


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on November 2, 2009
Last Updated on November 2, 2009


Author

Mary Something--Or--Other
Mary Something--Or--Other

Saginaw, MI



About
I am in my writing. Find out from there... :) This is so me it's amost scary... Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quiz You Should Be a Science Fiction Writer Your idea.. more..

Writing