I'll Keep You My Dirty Little Secret

I'll Keep You My Dirty Little Secret

A Chapter by Mary Something--Or--Other
"

Pucker up Shane...

"

Shane’s POV

 

Once Calvin was safely out the door I put my hand on my hips and looked at Max. “I’m here now.”

“But what about next week, next month? Don’t make me…” his voice trailed off.

“Oh, what? What was that Max? Make you take my badge away?”

He didn’t answer. “Max…” Egh, I’ve made him sweat enough. “Boss, I’ll try my best, but no more threats. Okay?”

He sighed. “Yeah, sure.” He started back down the stair, grumbling to himself, “I need an aspirin…”

I walked down the hall to the last door on the right and as quietly as I could twisted the knob and crept in. “Ty?”

 “Hey Shane,” whispered a strong African accent in the darkness. “How’s it going?”

“Just fine,” I smiled, shutting the door. “Great actually. You?”

Tyson leaned over the back of the couch. “Okay. How come you weren’t in school today?”

I sighed. “Alarm never went off.” I walked over to the sleeping figure on the couch. “Has he been asleep all day?”

“Most of it. He’ll be glad to see you when he wakes though.”

“Any…problems? I asked.

Ty shook his head. “Not yet, thank God. You good here?”

“Yeah, I’m good. You can go home and tell Max I’m staying the night.”

“Sounds great…” he yawned and stepped out quietly.

“Hey cutie…”

I smiled and sat down on the coffee table. “Hey yourself.” I felt his forehead. “How’ya feeling?”

“Better. What…what took you…so long?” he breathed between coughs.

I rubbed the back of my neck. “Well…”

“Calvin?” I smiled at him. “Thought…as much.”

Roux was the only other person in the world that knew about Calvin and what he was. We all kept it so concealed that not even Addy had any idea. Unfortunately there was still one problem… Calvin was very protective of me and hated the fact that I spent so much time with Roux.

“He slept over last night.”

“Did you two…?”

“No!” I cried. “I’m not stupid. But it was nice, you know? He loves me, Roux. He really does love me…” That thought made me smile, but my smile turned into a frown as I began to miss his arms around me, his skin on mine.

Roux smiled and closed his eyes. “I haven’t seen you this happy in a while, Shane. I’m glad.”

“Me too.” I brushed some sweaty blond locks from his face. “Now it’s your turn.”

He opened his mouth to say something smart, but then a huge wave struck him hard. A cold is one thing to a regular human, but for a fallen angel, they’re Hell. His dark blue feathers broke through his back, and as they shoved him off the couch I caught him just he crashed against the ground, and he cried out in agony.



“Hang on, Roux!” I held him tight. “I’m here.”

His nails dug into my arms. “God, it hurts Shane! Ah! Shane it hurts!”

I felt the tears burn my eyes. “I know, Roux, I know. Just hang on. I’m right here.”

Just as suddenly as it hit, it ended. He crooned and shuttered as the feathers slipped back under his skin. Roux panted and shivered, hot from the aftermath of pain.

I sat up on my knees and held his head against my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his hair like I did to calm Cal, and whispered. “It’s okay, Roux. I’ve got you.”

“Shane…” His voice was weak and tired. “I’m so sick of this…”

“Don’t start. Don’t do that to yourself, Roux.”

He looked up at me with those shining silver eyes. “You’ve always been here.”

Oh no… I thought. Please no!

“Roux… You’re—”

His gaze latched onto me and I couldn’t stop his lips…



© 2009 Mary Something--Or--Other


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on November 2, 2009
Last Updated on November 2, 2009


Author

Mary Something--Or--Other
Mary Something--Or--Other

Saginaw, MI



About
I am in my writing. Find out from there... :) This is so me it's amost scary... Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quiz You Should Be a Science Fiction Writer Your idea.. more..

Writing