Staying Strong

Staying Strong

A Chapter by Mary Something--Or--Other

I shook my head slightly. “Repeat that for me, please.”

 

 

Adrian took a step forward. “Shane, she’s on the Link now. She won’t talk to anyone else.”

 

 

I folded my arms over my chest. “Yeah… That’s what I thought you said.” I turned to Max. “Start getting my brother on the Link now.”

 

 

“And when they ask who’s calling?” Max asked haughtily, stopping me as I turned to hurry down the hall for the basement.

 

 

I glared at Max with an icy gaze that made him cower back a few steps for interrupting me. “Tell then that his little sister wants to speak with him. He’ll be delighted…”

 

 

With that the others fallowed me down into the tech studio that was the basement. Calvin… My Calvin… I couldn’t believe she’d stoop that low! B***h! But I knew I had to keep my head, just for the moment if I was ever going to see my baby alive again. He’d have to be strong. He’d have to be strong as Hell…

 

 

I turned the corner into a dimly lit room with a large computer that’s monitor took up half the wall, and found Dawn acquit and ready in her swivel chair. He concerned eyes fell upon me as we walked in, the air turning intense. “Shane… Are you okay?”

 

 

“I don’t wanna talk about it right now, D.” She nodded as I put on the head set, handing me my sunglasses. “Ready?”

 

 

“Link is live in 3, 2, and 1.” The young Seer looked up at me over her glasses. “You’re on Shane.”

 

 

“Abby!” My smile was broad as the blond appeared on the screen. “Always a pleasure.”

 

 

“My dear sweet little sister!” she cackled. “How are we doing?”

 

B***h! Rot in Hell!

 

My big sister looked exactly the same every single time I saw her: long wavy blond hair pulled back behind her ears to prevent hiding her glimmering green eyes, thin yet curvy figure, and long legs covered by tight leather pants. This time she appeared to be sitting in some dark dungeon, and there was no doubt in my mind that Cal was close by. If I wanted to talk to him, I’d have to be nice…for now…

 

 

“Just fine, Abbs, just fine. I hear you’ve met a friend of mine.” I smiled even brighter. “Think I could have a word with him?”

 

 

She sat back in her chair. “You never change, do you? Still trying to move things much too fast, little sister… Now, we’ll get to all that later. I’d rather talk about you right now!”

 

Oh yeah...! 'Cause you know me so freaking well! I'm gonna tear every single annoying blond hair from that cocksucking, s**t a*s face of yours...

 

“Oh?” I cocked my head to the side slightly. “What about me?”

 

 

She sat forward again. “Shane, darling, you know what I want.”

 

You, hanging upside-down by your pinky toes being fed raw pig fat with a knife by that old creepy dude from SAW? Yup! HIt the nail right on the head with that one, sis...

 

“Let me talk to your guest and maybe we can discuss it.” I was still smiling though hers had faded.

 

 

Her eyes narrowed slighted as she sighed in thought. “Fine.”

 

You bet you big fat w***e a*s!

 

The camera moved to the left.A small light overheadcame on and then I saw him. He was hanging from chains attached to his wrists.Fresh cuts were all over his stomach and chest, so precise they looked like medical incisions—which I was sure they were. They were testing him, and that meant that they probably knew what he was. But that was all they were doing. He was badly battered and bruised, blood dripping from his swollen lips. They beat him, and by the looks of it he’d fought hard.

 

 

That’s my baby!

 

 

His head hung limply to his chest and his eyes were hidden by the long strands of hair in his face. He was so pale, so frail looking then.

 

 

“Calvin…?” I said gently but he didn't lift his head. “Cal.”

 

 

“Shane?” His head shot up and turned from side to side in confusion, his eyes covered by a bloody blindfold. “Where are you?”

 

 

I shut my eyes to keep from sobbing. “Cal, we’re gonna find you, okay? We’re gonna get you back. I want you to think about that kiss we had, the one in the lobby, until we do. Can you do that for me, baby?”

 

 

A tear fell from under the blindfold. “Shane, I know what she wants. You know you can’t give it to her. So… So I want you to know how much I love you, and that no matter what, I will always be with you. I love you so much, my darling girl. Please, I need to hear you say one more time it before…”

 

 

“Shut up!” I screamed at him, unable to control myself. “We’re not saying our good-byes. Don’t you dare give up, damn it. Don’t you dare!” I held my arm to keep from shaking. “Now, can you change?”

 

 

He shook his head. “Not totally, but not enough beat them.”

 

 

“All right!” My sister tore off the blindfold and the camera zoomed in on just his face. “Look at him, little sister.” I look off my sunglasses and our eyes met. His body was so badly hurt…and his eyes looked into mine desperately as that b***h held his head up by his hair. Those bright blue eyes… “72 hours, Shane. I’ll see you then.”

 

 

The screen when dark. My knees wobbled and then met the floor hard. I shook my head, tears falling down my cheeks.

 

 

I never told him… I thought. “I never told him that I love him…”



© 2009 Mary Something--Or--Other


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on November 2, 2009


Author

Mary Something--Or--Other
Mary Something--Or--Other

Saginaw, MI



About
I am in my writing. Find out from there... :) This is so me it's amost scary... Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quiz You Should Be a Science Fiction Writer Your idea.. more..

Writing