Cat's Out'a The Bag

Cat's Out'a The Bag

A Chapter by Mary Something--Or--Other
"

Yeah, I know that this was kinda abrupt but hey.... What can ya do? LOL

"

It all happened so quickly I can hardly describe it. It was over. The large man cam into the room, punched me in the face, and then nothing…

 

 

When I became slightly aware and awake I found myself lying down on something soft, unable to open my eyes, and alone in the darkness of my mind.

 

 

My, my, my Calvin… We are a sight to be seen.

 

 

“Shut up,” I said, but at the same time I didn’t. “Where am I? Where is Shane?”

 

 

No need to get testy, we’re sure she’s fine. We must worry about ourselves now. After all, we are all we have.

 

 

“You’re wrong,” I told it. “I have Shane. I will always have Shane.”

 

 

Ha! Really? We make ourselves laugh, Calvin! We forget; the female’s weak, human body will someday give out and she will die.

 

 

“Shut! You will not talk about her like that. She’s more then just a body: she’s a beautiful, strong, psychotic…” I smiled. “Drunk little monkey and nothing you ever say to me will ever stop me from loving her.”

 

 

I felt it’s anger swell. Do not do this, Calvin. We are all we have. You would be nothing without us.

 

 

And there it was. For the first time in over 200 years my demon separated me from itself, saying you. I knew then that I would never be free of it, but my love for Shane was something it could never have or control. That was mine, and someday it would be enough to take my life back so that I could share wholly with Shane. Yes, this was only the beginning…

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I woke up in one of the “the company’s” hospital rooms, sitting up slowly, cautiously; still unsure if this was merely one of Abigail’s tricks. I got out of bed quickly when I heard the door open, pressing my back against the wall. I saw a shadow on the floor and just before she turned the corner I sprang out and clasped my hand around Abigail’s mouth. Unfortunately it wasn’t Abigail, and for this reason I was swiftly socked in the stomach.

 

 

“What the hell, Calvin?”

 

 

I looked up. “I’m sorry—oh—Roux… God you’ve got a good arm!”

 

 

“Sorry.” He helped me straiten up. “How’re you feeling?”

 

 

“Fine until about four seconds ago,” I chucked. “Where’s Shane? There’s something I need to tell her.”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

I sat down on the edge of the bed and smiled dreamily, “That I love her.”

 

 

Roux laughed. “Don’t you even wanna know how you got here?”

 

 

“Well…” I sighed. “I guess.”

 

 

He sat down next to me explained that I’d been rescued and all was well, for now anyway, but at the end off his tail he paused, looking at the ground. “And, Calvin…?”

 

 

“What Roux?”

 

 

“Um…” He turned his head. “It’s—well… It’s about Shane…”

 

 

I grabbed his collar and shoved him up against the wall. I’m not really sure what had come over me, but I had always been, as she put, freakishly freaking over-hackin’ protective of her and I really didn’t care that that point. “Where is she?” I demanded. “Tell me now!”

 

 

He was panic stricken, which was rather expected as I happen to be quite strong and had never before lost control around my friends. But, never in my knowing him had I ever seen free in Roux’s eyes, and because I could see that I was not toward me, I knew that something was very wrong. “I—she’s—I—we—um…” he stuttered. “See—well, we just… She’s—”

 

 

I pulled back slightly then roughly slammed him against the cold wood. I was getting very anxious and quite annoyed with him, shouting loudly, “So help me God Roux I’ll kill you. I will!” My grip tightened. “Spit it out now before I rip—”

 

 

“I kissed her!”



© 2009 Mary Something--Or--Other


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on November 2, 2009


Author

Mary Something--Or--Other
Mary Something--Or--Other

Saginaw, MI



About
I am in my writing. Find out from there... :) This is so me it's amost scary... Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quiz You Should Be a Science Fiction Writer Your idea.. more..

Writing