I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry

A Chapter by Mary Something--Or--Other

He didn’t answer. I saw Cal’s black claw reach halfway into my cell, and when it became red and steaming he dragged it down the bars, creating a door. He stepped slowly into the light, standing near the door and avoiding eye-contact with me. He didn’t want me to be afraid, but I could never be afraid of him no matter what he looked like.

 

 

That was all I wanted him to know. I stood up and looked him over. I had never before seen his other side, and it didn’t surprise me that I wasn’t surprised at all. Those strange eyes stared down at the ground from behind long, stringy strands of white hair. His face and body were as black as my hair, his black lips couldn’t fully close around his long fangs and were forced to be parted, and his four talons were shiny and sharp. A tail sat still on the ground between his boney legs and I had to avoid stepping on it when I walked over to my love, placing my hands on his hips.

 

 

“Hey, babe,” I smiled and his eyes met mine. “I know it hurts you to talk so I won’t make you. Just nod or shake your head, okay?”

 

 

He nodded, carefully folding his long arms behind my back.

 

 

“Are you alright?”

 

 

He nodded and by the way he tightened our embrace I knew what he was thinking.

 

 

“I’m alright now that I’m with you too, babe, but we have to hold off on the mushy stuff for now. I don’t want you to think that I’m taking advantage of the fact that you can’t talk, but there’s something I have to tell you before we leave.”

 

 

I didn’t want to lose him again�"I knew it would destroy me�"but he had to know. I couldn’t let him save me out of love if it was false. It wasn’t right. But right when I opened my mouth to tell him he leaned down and covered my lips gently, coming down to my level and peering into my eyes. “You know?”

 

 

He nodded and took his claw away.

 

 

I could hardly breathe. My heart was pounding in my chest as a tear fell from my eye. “And you still came to save me?”

 

 

His cool arms pulled me into his embrace as I wrapped my arms around his waste. “Cal…” I whispered through tears. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry I kissed him�"I’m sorry I killed you�"I’m sorry I got you into all this�"I’m sorry for everything…” He lifted my chin so that I was looking up into his eyes. I couldn’t help it. I stood up on my toes and kissed his black lips.

 

 

He didn’t push me away.

 

 

Cal helped me out of the cell, then, before I could say or do anything he picked me right up and started to run. He wasn’t stopping, which I realized quickly after he jumped out of a window.



© 2010 Mary Something--Or--Other


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on January 3, 2010
Last Updated on January 3, 2010


Author

Mary Something--Or--Other
Mary Something--Or--Other

Saginaw, MI



About
I am in my writing. Find out from there... :) This is so me it's amost scary... Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quiz You Should Be a Science Fiction Writer Your idea.. more..

Writing