Yes, My Love, I Am Yours

Yes, My Love, I Am Yours

A Chapter by Mary Something--Or--Other

Calvin’s POV

 

 

The light was soft on her face as she stood over me, the soothing waves washing over my naked body, and the soft sand beneath me cradled my sore, wounded flesh. I felt as though I had just escaped death. I wanted her beside me.

 

 

“Shane…” I pleaded weakly, and she shook her head, as if to release herself from a trance.

 

 

Kneeling down by my side the comfort of her warm fingers in my soaked hair filled me with peace, and I closed my eyes.

 

 

“Calvin,” her sweet voice whispered quietly. “Can you forgive me?”

 

 

I smiled and breathed, “Already…already my love.” She lied her head down on my cold chest, her head close to my heart. “And Shane…?”

 

 

“Yeah, Cal?”

 

 

My eyes opened once again and weakly I lifted my head to her. “It feels like an eternity I’ve waited"” To my absolute and utter annoyance the cool water I’d inhaled suddenly decided to reemerge in a horrible coughing fit.

 

 

“Don’t try to talk baby.” But I had to tell her! I had this strange need to tell her how much she truly meant to me. I wanted to tell her every day for the rest of my life. I wanted to be with her every day for the rest of my life. That gave me an idea…

 

 

Shane rubbed my chest, calming me a bit. “Just rest for right now.”

 

 

I shook my head and grasped her hand in mine. “Shane…” My coughing ended and I sucked in my air with heavy breaths. “I need to tell you…Shane.” Squeezing her hand I found the strength to get out my words. “I love you…”

 

 

I caught sight of her staring at me in disbelief just before I became too weak to hold my head up, and it fell back into the sand. Did she not believe that I loved her? Why? How could she think that? But wait… Had she fallen out of love with me? Was it Roux? She couldn’t love him, could she? No!

 

 

Shane held me tighter, nuzzling the crook of my neck. “I love you too…” she whispered, her breath of words easing all my thoughts. “I’ll never hurt you again, Calvin. Never…” He unneeded promise reached my ears and made me smile. “You’re my everything.”

 

 

My sigh of relief was let out into her shining hair, and I kissed the top of her head with sore lips. “And you are mine…”

 

 

Together we looked out at the sea as the sun rose up over the horizon. It was true that tomorrow, today, perhaps even in an hour we would both have to return to the world of ugliness and oppression, but that world could not have those moments. Those moments of quiet understanding, absolute love, would never be theirs. They were ours. No one, not Adam, not Roux, not even the Devil himself could ever take them away.



© 2010 Mary Something--Or--Other


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on January 3, 2010
Last Updated on January 3, 2010


Author

Mary Something--Or--Other
Mary Something--Or--Other

Saginaw, MI



About
I am in my writing. Find out from there... :) This is so me it's amost scary... Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quiz You Should Be a Science Fiction Writer Your idea.. more..

Writing