The Wall

The Wall

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

The information that never got in.

"

     I wish I could remember what I learned in school. I cannot remember the names of all the books I enjoyed or the ones I hated. I cannot remember the names of all of the teachers. I consider myself reborn and learning from new experiences, even though I already learned about the experiences.

     When I was in a math class in Emmett Middle School, the teacher was teaching us how to balance a check book. She was teaching us how to read a car payment booklet. I think this was where I learned how to write a check. I cannot remember. I never really maintained that information because I never understood that this was going to be part of my adult life.

     There was another class in Emmett High School that I wish I knew I needed. They taught you about mortgages and basic adult living. Perhaps they had information about college?

     When I was going to summer school, I was taking some class that taught me about applyng for work and looking for a college. That was as far as they went. I cannot remember if they taught anything about taxes or student loans.

     I wish that critical thinking, world religion, and some education about college existed. I wish classes like these were required. Critical thinking is getting your mind ready to learn. It teaches you how to learn. I never had a class like critical thinking until college.

     School should teach world religion because it teaches diversity. You learn to respect other cultures. This would be a good idea because there is too much hatred and violence toward whoever is different. When you graduate from school, you have to face the real world. Many companies employ people around the world and have customers abroad. Understanding all aspects of culture enables one to communicate with jsut about everyone.

     If I understood college earlier, I probably would have attended earlier and have a degree for something that I want. I still do not understand the purpose of my degree. It makes it redundant to pay for it.



© 2013 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on June 12, 2013
Last Updated on June 12, 2013


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer