Setting Standards

Setting Standards

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

Politics for children.

"

     What is more important? Guns or education? As the interest rate raised for college loans, someone pointed out it was the lesser of two evils and went on a tangent about guns being taken away and money sent abroad. So, guns and supporting foreign countries is more important than educating children?

     Wouldn't this be the reason why we are making poor decisions? Numerous reports of accidental shootings at gun shows and children shooting their parents have been pouring out of the news room. If we were to use the money on education instead of killing others, we would be making a good impression on children. Children see what we do and they learn from our behaviour.

     Someone argued that education leads to the violence and it will only get worse. I agree to a certain extent. Bullying has always been. School violence has always been. If we do not start teaching children respect for each other and for life, how will they ever get along with each other and other cultures?

     If guns are more important than education, nobody will ever learn. If you do not educate people about peace and tolerance, the violence will continue. If education is not so important, how will anyone understand responsible gun ownership? Give someone who has had no education and see what happens.

     Mandates on guns will not make a difference. Criminals will steal them and children will still somehow get a hold of them. Why bring children into politics?

     Westborough Church had the gumption to go protest at the funerals of Sandy Hook. People were actually protesting at funerals of children. What for? The children are clearly too young to vote and do not have any say in the decisions that adults make. Children do not vote, why bring them into politics?

      Mandates exist against bullying. I mentioned that laws against bullying should exist in Idaho. The response was that nobody would obey these laws and parents should get beat up instead. Right, you will have assault and battery on your record.

     Things would be different if laws existed everywhere against bullying. Children have to put up with bullying and cannot say anything about it. They cannot press charges on a bully. 

     This is a time to focus on the safety of children.     



© 2013 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on July 4, 2013
Last Updated on July 17, 2013


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer