Thugs

Thugs

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

What I have been watching for a few years.

"

   If there were mistakes that we Americans made, they were about a dime a dozen. Did you know that we made an effort not to fight abroad? Up until World War I, we didn't want to have anything to do with anyone else. Up until World War II, we had gone into the Great Depression. The war efforts were what brought our economy back and we have been in everybody's business since then. I was not alive then, but it is quite clear.

     There has been a great deal going through my mind trying to figure out why we do what we do. I'm not talking about staying in other countries and telling them what to do. I am talking about the childish and ruthless behavior that takes place when we are in training and overseas. 

     I learned that instead of sending people to prison for crime, they were sent off to join the military. People believe that joining the military teaches someone to respect others. The military is an environment that glorifies treating others with disrespect and that it is okay to rape. Then they deploy these people from this environment so they can do the same thing in another country. 

     I am certain that we only hear a portion of the news of what has been happening in the Middle East. What I have heard were the bad things that we have felt that we were obligated to do. We send unstable people abroad expecting them to treat the people that they were sent to protect with respect and dignity. 

     Our soldiers have been terrorizing the Arabs. We have been sending drones in to kill innocent people who merely went out to help the ones who were struck. This automatically turned them into a terrorist as well. If we go to another country, why can't we teach them anything so we do not have to continue going back?

     When we were in Iraq in 2004, we gave some of them military training. Behind the scenes, there were Arabs who did not like this and took it as their own betraying their country. There were those who did not want to have anything to do with us. This is similar to us not wanting to have anything to do with Arabs in America. What we failed to teach them is to get back up and get into the face of their enemy. 

     I met Ahmed in 2013. Not too long after I met him, I noticed that many Arabs were flocking to America. I noticed that he was watching the news from his country. Tension was increasing and something was about to happen. Just like animals fleeing from a forest fire. I do not speak Arabic, but I know when something is happening. Arabs do not typically yell. They were shouting in these videos. 

     Before this, riots were ensuing across the Middle East. I remember watching the riots in Egypt. This brought me back to when I was studying Nefertiti. Everything that was happening was symbolic to the past. I was reminded of this when they the rioters took the museum by storm and destroyed what was inside. History was repeating itself. 

     Iraq is a country that has historically had invasions. There were the Assyrians, Babylonians, and now there was ISIS. Islamic State had become the fly in everyone's ointment. I saw them as common thugs who went out of control. Before this even happened, I noticed one more thing that makes us look really bad in America and other countries. What were we trying to prove anyway?

     The first time I viewed ISIS propaganda, I was thinking of the similarities between them and gangs in America. What I saw were people speeding up a highway. They were speeding past cars and shooting everyone inside. It was a drive by shooting on a highway. This also was indicating that they really did not care who they killed as long as they were killing people. It did not matter whether someone was a Jew, Christian, or Muslim.

     If something like that happened in America, people would have been shooting back. I guarantee that a majority of people in Idaho have a rifle under the backseat of their car. I have cleaned cars for a living and seen the weapons and shot gun shells. Nobody is fooling me.

     You would think that the people driving the cars would have noticed the people in back of them being gunned down. If I think about it, Arab culture is nothing like American culture. In fact, the legal system is weak. Additionally, these thugs were killing off authority figures. What this should boil down to is, where are the leaders to take care of this? Do they even care about their citizens? Are they part of this?

     As they ran around killing people in an inhumane manner, they stole. They stole money and military equipment. They call us bad for dropping necessities for the others? I think that is awfully hypocritical. At least it was given to them and not stolen. 

     In the process, they were manipulating people to join them. People from all over the world, including America were running over to join terrorist groups. It made me wonder how many people were in ISIS and how many of them were from the United States. Our government was already terrorizing them and we also had a group of people from America doing the same thing. What were we trying to accomplish and prove? 

     While I watched the video, I could hear the creepy singing. The lyrics were full of rhetoric and symbolic messages. I think that the situation is more dangerous when someone knows how vulnerable and gullible a culture is. People have went through a great deal of hardship and are probably angry; these people were being persuaded to join. Some of the people there are uneducated and can't read; these people were being persuaded. 

     People were being shot in the head or beheaded. People were being thrown off cliffs. People were being placed on a cross. How can anyone join something so vile? Has everyone forgotten WWII? Is it fear? If we know history, I do not understand how we permit history to repeat itself. If we understand that these people are human beings, I do not understand why they were being mistreated and murdered.

     Also, where are the leaders and authorities when Boko Haram is kidnapping children and selling them off to marriage? Where is everyone? I don't understand how kidnappings in Africa continue to happen. I do not see how anyone could get married to a child (no less) and understand that these children were stolen. Whoever the spouse is, they don't even have the permission of the parents. Or do they? How else would they get away with this?

     As these so called terrorist groups threatened America, I wondered how they thought they could pull that off. We are a completely different culture than Iraq, India, or Africa. They are threatening a culture full of conspiracy theorists loaded with medication and weapons. 

     The media continued to go on a tangent about the Americans who traveled to Syria and came back. They act like this is something new when it has been going on for years. They act like we do not have a legal system here. Americans are hateful and trigger happy, what made them think that IS would be successful here? 

   I wonder if anyone questions why this happened. A school in Africa was bombed. I am under the impression that people are starting to question this and it makes me wonder if they are mad at us as well. When the military arrived at the school, the citizens threw stones at them because Boko Haram is getting away with kidnapping, murder, and selling off their daughters. Really, where is everyone? Where are the police? 

     Before we were deployed back over to Iraq, the authorities were fleeing from ISIS. Why are they doing this? It's similar to the police in Idaho not doing anything about drug dealers because they get drugs or they are supposedly afraid of the gangsters. Why do we let people get away with being scandalous? It only makes it worse.   



© 2015 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a great story,and one that needs to be told. we and all other leaders seem to be in a power struggle and will never cease,we will have a one world government soon.and the u s is the worlds worst for trying to run all other countries

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 wordman

9 Years Ago

well I agree,but it will get worse.don`t know your religious beliefs but it seems satan is running t.. read more
Jennifer

9 Years Ago

I haven't followed any faith for quite some time, but I think you are onto something. Sadly, history.. read more
 wordman

9 Years Ago

it seems a lot of people is pulling away from god,and not preaching by no means,but this is
w.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 10, 2014
Last Updated on April 25, 2015


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer