I'd Rather Have Ebola

I'd Rather Have Ebola

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

The red flags begin.

"

    What is worse? Not knowing when someone is going to leave or knowing when someone is going to leave? What is even worse is when someone does not say good-bye. What is even worse than that is how they choose to do it.

     Ahmed called to tell me that he liked me and that he was going back to Iraq for a couple of weeks. He said there were some problems that he needed to resolve. I could not stop crying while he was telling me this.

     I cried for days and I wanted to take him out before he left. I wanted to take him out for a hayride because it was the last week for it. He said he was leaving that week. All I wanted was to say good-bye before he left.

     As usual, he said that he was busy. The day he was leaving was the same day as my follow up to my surgery. I did not know what was going to happen.

     I envisioned ISIS capturing and beheading him. All I could do was see all of the awful things that could happen to him. I was worried about his cousins killing him. He was already depressed and I did not want anything else to happen to him.

     What if he was beheaded? What if his cousins were threatening his family? Back in 2004, he joined a United States military branch. His cousins were not pleased and they murdered one of his brothers because of it. Because of the threat of ISIS and his cousins, I had no idea if his life was in danger.

     By mistake, he sent me an invitation to download Tango onto my phone. Just for fun and out of curiosity, I downloaded it. This is where more drama came into my life. There, once again, was Krista. I hated her guts and never wanted to hear from her again.

     I was just minding my own business and doing my yard work before winter. Suddenly, messages from Krista began popping up on my Tango.

     Krista: Do you know why he went to Iraq?!? I do!!

     Me: I do. Why won’t you leave me alone? I do not wish to communicate with you.

     Krista: I wanted to know if he was being honest with you. Every woman deserves to know the truth.

     I sent Ahmed a message asking him why he went to Iraq. I looked for a couple days on ways to block this w***e. She will not leave me alone and I sent him a message telling him that she was sending me messages again.

     Why was this w***e stalking me? She was following me to every social media source in existence. Because of her appearance, what made me think I would listen to her? Who did she think she was?

     She was the type of person who appeared to be around the block a few times. She wore too much make-up. She looked like a typical twit who lived off of drama. She showed her cleavage, which were probably fake. Her hair was bleached and in an A-line. I already have experience with people JUST LIKE HER. That life is behind me and I never wanted back in because it is nothing, but diseases that I did not deserve.

     All she was doing was starting drama and he was not home to do anything about it. She waited until he got on the plane? I was still here and was capable of locating her to beat the living tar out of her. I was already stressed out. What if he was killed while he was away? At least, let him die with a good name. How disrespectful can you be? To a complete stranger at that!

     After I sent him a message, he did not respond. I got no response in regards to why exactly he had returned home. I posted on Facebook that Krista needed to leave me alone. I knew she knew some of my friends. My hope was that they would send her the message.

     A couple of days later, Ahmed called me from Iraq. This was a time when I was feeling more worried. I saw a video from Syria online where headless bodies lined the streets and people passing them as though it was an everyday thing. I had no idea what may have been happening in Iraq.

     As ISIS was getting their asses handed to them, they still overwhelmed the region. They were sending rhetorical devices to Canada for recruitment. They were recruiting children, Canadians, Americans, and anyone they could manipulate. I worried about Ahmed and wondered if he was safe.

     His phone call was really sweet. He was out shopping with his brothers. He asked me what my shoe size was. I told him, but we could not figure out what a size seven was in that area. So, he could not get them.

     I was so thrilled I got to hear from him. It did not matter if he got me anything or not. As long as he was okay, I was happy. As long as I did not see him suddenly change his status to married with a baby on the way, I was okay. This feeling did not last for long.



© 2015 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on November 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 15, 2015


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer