Are You In the Lord's Army?

Are You In the Lord's Army?

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

Mixing politics and faith.

"
     People are always arguing that church should be separated from the state. Politicians mix religion with politics on a regular basis. I believe that religion and government do not mix. I believe that it is a dangerous mix. I believe that it interferes with the religious rights of others. It gives power to the wrong people, which makes them think they can control the lives of others. This means that people are not free.
     When Queen Mary ruled England, she tortured and murdered people for being Protestant. Her brother did the same thing. Catholics controlled the decisions that the royal family made. 
     People fled to get away from that. People fled to America. The escape was short lived when people started accusing each other for being a witch. Innocent people were killed because they were accused of being witches. 
     Time and time again, people have fled because someone was committing murder on those who practiced a faith that they did not agree with. Jews, Christians, and Muslims alike have fled for their lives. 
    Even within America, people have fled because their lives were in danger because someone did not agree with their faith. Allowing politics to control religion is dangerous because innocent people are murdered. 
     Faiths have been created from fleeing. Slaves have flocked to Jamaica and the Rastafarian faith was born. The founder of this faith believed that one day the white people would be eliminated. 
     People are always concerned that certain faiths will take over this country, but isn't that what supposed Christians did? People worried about Mormons taking control of this country, which has not happened. People worry about Muslims taking over this country. How is this even possible when our country is supposed to be the melting pot? What does freedom of religion mean anyway?
     I always thought that by having religious freedom I can practice any faith I wanted without persecution. I thought that I had a right to celebrate any faith. I enjoy the presence of other cultures and faiths. When people seek to destroy that, I feel that this country has no culture. 
     There was a report recently about politicians walking out on a Hindu prayer. I believe that the prayer was for peace. Come to find out, the people who walked out were three Idaho lawmakers. They have every right to not participate, but these are people who are representing Idaho and the people in it. 
     It is bad enough that people are hateful toward Californians and Mormons. It is bad enough that Butch Otter keeps harassing homosexuals by consistently wasting our valuable tax money to sue them. Now, we have more politicians showing disrespect in a country that should be implementing our freedom in religion. God, this is happening in today's society. Iraq and Syria are not the only ones who are being victimized by the so-called moral police.  
     Women have been arrested for smoking. Women have been arrested and tortured for trying to vote. This happened here in America. 
     Today, we have politicians imposing their laws on our bodies telling us whether or not we can have birth control. They are imposing laws on women's health care while making an excuse that we are going to get an abortion instead of our annual exam. All of this because of their "religious belief."
     What about my religious beliefs? Seriously, I do not practice any faith. What makes you think that you can force me to? 
     There should be a line drawn between politics and religion. Where should the line be drawn? It is great when a leader has morals, but why can't they act like they have morals? 
     How is harming justified when people have morals? I feel that it is immoral to harm other people. I do not understand why we permit this to happen.
    In most places, when a woman is pregnant from a rape the rapist has visitation rights. How is this moral? How is a pregnancy from a rape a gift from God? It is not a gift from anyone, it is a burden. From what it appears, a woman is not permitted to recover from a rape because society is too busy sticking their nose where it does not belong. 
     It is different when a minor is involved. When statutory rape is involved, a man can get life in prison. It does not matter if it was consensual. Nothing happens to the girl. How come that can't switch? In most cases, the girl was the one who consented and knew better.
     Nobody has any rights when religion and politics are mixed together. It is as though nobody can breathe. If you take one breathe, the moral police will come and murder you. This is Jim Crow incognito. 
     ISIS is a prime example on why it is a bad idea. Why is anyone permitting them to revive a violent past? Who lets thugs take control of a community or even a country? Why is this happening? 
     Nobody can use cell phones. In America, we get a ticket. In the Middle East, people get their hands chopped off. This is a double standard. ISIS can use social media and nobody else can? Are you kidding me?
     Nobody can listen to music. It doesn't matter if the music is religious. The so called moral police have taken musical instruments away and set them ablaze. They already put up with this garbage before from Saddam Hussein. It is obvious to me that music is not haram because Hussein caused this mess in the first place. There is another leader who is just as paranoid as Hussein who is letting this happen. 
     A woman is virtually not allowed to exist. She must wear a double layer of clothing. They cannot go anywhere without a man who was assigned to be by their side. Women cannot drive or use cell phones. Just imagine if strict laws were enforced on women in America...again.
     The moral police in the Middle East are enforcing laws in the most violent ways possible. How are leaders letting this happen? ISIS is taxing people who want to simply want to live a normal and happy life. How is anyone letting this happen? They are not protecting anyone. 
     Something like that can happen here. It is almost happening. What are we supposed to do? Just imagine what things would be like if old laws were being enforced in the same manner that ISIS is.      American police are already acting like the militia. We are beginning to see tanks at domestic disturbances. We need to draw a line somewhere. It is already scary when the police appear without the tanks. 
     Thankfully, the police are not doing it for religious reasons. It could get to that point. There was a law written during the 1920's outlawing fornication. In 1996, they started enforcing this law on teenagers.  
     Laws need to be enforced differently. Perhaps we need to restructure our government with people who are humane and honest. Then maybe we would not need to worry about any military action in our hometowns. Perhaps this would help us make a suggestion on how to restructure governments in other countries.
     
     


© 2015 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on March 11, 2015
Last Updated on March 15, 2015


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer