Homo...sapien

Homo...sapien

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

There is only one true judge.

"

    I find it interesting that most Arabs think that our politicians are homosexuals. It seems as though every person in America is gay. I once was asked by an Arab if our president is gay. I simply told him that not everyone in America is gay because there are people who act out in hatred toward them.

     What is happening here has nothing to do with Sharia law, as much as people in America like to assume that it is. I honestly think it is another reason to gripe for no reason and spread more Islamophobia.

    I have read reports of how ISIS plans to invade places like Italy, England, and America. Every time I read something like this, it seems that the primary goal is to murder homosexuals by throwing them off of buildings. Who haven't they thrown off of buildings and cliffs? I have also read stories of how they torture and kill gay men. Is anyone worried? Yes, there are people worried about this. Are there Americans who would like that to happen? Yes, there are people who are hateful to gays.

    There have been reports on how gays are being tortured and killed and these reports are more brutal and inhumane than what has been happening to gays in America. I don't know how they view homosexuals in other countries, but I do know is that a majority of Americans would laugh in their face. This makes me wonder if they really are against Western civilizations. 

    Historically, homosexuals have been tortured, raped, and even murdered. Thomas Jefferson wanted them to be mutilated. Gays have even been restricted from special projects in the military. Now, they fight for equal marriage rights.    

    According to what I have seen in Beginners, gay people basically faced the same hardships as black people did. Men had to go into hiding. They were marrying women even though they were gay. 

    When I was going to high school during the 90's, gay people were still being treated as though they had a mental problem. My Teen Living teacher even stated that if she found out if someone was gay, she was going to send them to the counselor.

     A pregnant man isn't protected. There was a man, who was a transsexual, who was pregnant and was challenged with finding a doctor. The doctors were indifferent toward him. I don't think it was because they were worried that it was a pregnant man. You would think that this would be a scientific revelation, but this person was once a woman and she was married to a woman. What I do not understand is this fear.

       Even transgender people do not get a break. Young transgender adults have it harder. They have to fight to have the gender they were transformed into added to their license.

    In Idaho, there was a transsexual teenager who was using the ladies restroom. One of the student's parents found out and caused a commotion. What does it matter when a female is using the women's restroom? In most countries, women struggle for their rights to use the bathroom. 

     In India, the women are fighting to have a place to urinate. Women must travel a long distance to find a bathroom. This is a treacherous journey because nothing is done about a man who rapes her.  The women try everything they can to keep from needing to use a restroom. They will not drink any fluids, which can lead to health issues. Women are suffering from urinary tract infections and possibly kidney stones.

    Denying the right to use the restroom is wrong on so many levels. In America, we are lucky to have access to a restroom considering that in India women struggle to use one. This makes me wonder if transgender individuals in India have the same problem as people in America to use a bathroom. 

    Even though gay marriage has been legalized in many states, people are still trying to demean them. When it comes to the wedding cake there is so much hatred. The baker will put, "God hates gays," on the cake. Or they refuse service to gay people. One bakery was sued by a gay couple and lost everything.

    In Idaho, Butch Otter wastes tax money to abolish gay marriage. He is a politician on a mission to uphold his Christian values. Every time he loses, he wastes our tax money again. It seems to be a lost cause.

     Even though most Arabs think our country is homosexual, it seems that most Americans have the same point of view that they do. Gays are obtaining rights in America, but they are still challenged with hatred.



© 2015 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on April 26, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer