The Obligation

The Obligation

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

What happens when you put true Christians to the test.

"
     There is a flood of refugees and many people are treating it as though it is not our problem. After all they have been through, they have every right to ask for help. After all we have put them through, they have every right to tell us to go in and clean up our mess. 
     The crisis is the world's. It is not because there are millions of refugees looking for a place to stay safe. Why are they trying to safe? They are being bombed. They do not need to stay there for that. ISIS is murdering and raping them, they do not need to stay there for that either. 
     The world created the problem with ISIS. It isn't like Syrians woke up one morning and stated that they were going to pillage and plunder. Iraq did not do that either. These people have been suppressed for so long from every angle, do you expect them to know what to do? I'm certain that they feel that everything that they will do will be the wrong action. Do you expect them to know how to stand their ground?
     This is going to take a world effort. We need to hit extremists and dictators where it hurts the most. If we created it, we need to destroy it. We really need to do something about the recruitment process for extremists. 
     People have been recruited from around the world. How is this happening? It is happening easily because of the hatred people are showing toward Arabs and every faith you can imagine. We need to make a turn around and start teaching youth to know better. Not only know good from evil, but love and compassion. What ever happened to teaching children respect? It's not limited to respecting your elders. 
     We need to show them that we are humane. It is inhumane to let these human beings die out in the ocean. It is inhumane to let this cruelty continue. 
     These people had nothing to do with the terrorist attacks in our country. The only way they were ever involved was when there were nay sayers from Saudi Arabia wanting to fight against them. They were never involved with that, Hussein did not even support Bin Laden. 9/11 was only an inside job due to the fact that the Egyptian Al Quada infiltrated the United States government. Iraq is not in Egypt or Saudi Arabia. How come you don't know the difference? 
     Since we attacked Iraq for no reason, we are obligated to take them in. Since we went in and made a mess and left without cleaning it up, we are obligated to teach them how to get up on their feet again. The surrounding countries are taking the brunt of this. They may feel morally obligated to take in hundreds of thousands of refugees, but they will eventually realize the trouble we caused. I'm surprised that they didn't say anything about us dropping our refugee limit down by 5,000. 
     Right now, I would say that we are creating enemies. Yes, we contribute the most. Nothing is being done about the situation in Iraq and Syria. It is going to take more than contributions. Per their constitution, we cannot set our boots on their ground. So, we may as well take in these people and try to find other ways to solve the problem.      Why can't we work together? Take in the women, children, and disabled. We should take the men who are capable of fighting and train them. Train them to be tough and to not falter to the enemy. They keep running, so this is vital to the training. Everyone should go in and kill the enemy. Then when we all win, the refugees can go back home and they will have perfectly able people to keep them safe. 
     Americans have stated that there is no reason to lose lives helping these people. Well, we are the ones who made the mess and they have every right to tell us to go fix it. The obstacle is the fact that Iraq had stipulated in their constitution that we cannot be there anymore. This is probably why Obama has specified that we are not going to put our boots on the ground. I don't see us going there any time soon unless there is some miraculous change. 
    No, it does not make sense to nuke them either. Innocent people still live there. These people are being terrorized. These are the same people who had their basic freedoms taken away by Saddam Hussein. If you have forgotten those details from decades ago (or never learned about it) think about one more thing. If we dropped a nuclear weapon on their land the refugees who came by the thousands will not be able to go home. 
    We do not know when radiation subsides. Give me a break! There is still radiation in Japan from us dropping the bomb. That happened when? The late 40's? Pripyat is still radiated and they say it may remain that way for much longer. Who knows when Fukushima is going to be safe. I thought we learned our lesson. I thought that we had become paranoid after dropping the bomb.
     We all live on the same planet. We are obligated to take care of each other. It is not just a moral obligation like Europe has stated. We are obligated because of the problems we have caused. If we do not want these people the least we can do is take them in and help ensure that they can go back home when it is safe. We should let them return when they know how to protect themselves.


© 2015 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on September 13, 2015
Last Updated on September 23, 2015


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer