Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Jennifer

     “Don’t leave them behind,” a whisper floated through the robot’s communication stream.

     Uno and the crew on board wandered listlessly through space. Uno wondered if this was why communication with NASA ceased. Uno noticed that he was using a backup program in case NASA’s program failed.

     When the mission first started, a list of possible planets was provided to them. After they found that they could not live on those planets, NASA provided another list of planets that they located. Uno was programmed to scan for more in case NASA could not locate more planets or of the system was no longer functional.

     Something seemed to have malfunctioned and most of the crew continued on oblivious to the message from the government. Someone on board was aware, though and blocked the message. It was very possible that Andrew had a role in it.

     There wasn’t anything that Uno could do about it. The humans were setting their own destiny. They were in control of their doomed future. What was the plan if everyone on board died by the time they found a planet?

     A message appeared from Cinco. The message arrived in a private line. Cinco evidently suspected that something was wrong.

     Uno: Did you see that message?

     Cinco: All of us saw it.

     Uno: We cannot go back. We don’t know how old this message is.

    Cinco: We are low on supplies.

     Uno: I just detected another planet.

     Cinco: If we turn up our speed we can arrive in less than six months. I am unable to calculate if there is enough for the humans to survive on.

     Uno: Then we must speed up.

     Cinco did not waste any time. The engines were in the aircraft rumbled with anticipation. There was a push and they went deeper into space. Who knew if they would make it anywhere in time. If they did not it was possible the robots would be on an eternal trip.



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on February 4, 2021
Last Updated on March 23, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer