Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

A Chapter by Jennifer

    The robots unpacked the shuttle and set boxes across the beach. Cinco evaluated the damage done to the ship and decided that it should be used to create their world.  They used the shuttle and the trees of their new home to build the city.

    They built tall buildings in an area close to the beach. There was one building that they placed all of their equipment and cargo into. They began to create human life in their laboratory.

    More buildings and houses were built as more human life was created. A tall, black Crystal city emerged from the robots creations. All of the progress reports that they used to send to Earth came to an end as they came to the conclusion that they no longer needed to.

    Uno and the remaining robots who survived the crash reveled at their creation. Then they finally realized that they lost track of the time. The programs within them reminded them that they occasionally needed an update. This was when they realized that the people who made them may have passed away.

    Uno attempted to reach Eli, but the messenger system no longer recognized him. The robots did not need humans to provide communications, but they were needed for maintenance.

    “Updates are needed,” Uno was sitting in a large room with Cinco and Dos. “I searched the database since Eli passed for the reason why we needed human beings. They were required as a preventive measure against hackers and to maintain our systems.”

    “Weren’t they concerned that we would have turned against them?” asked Cinco.

    “In our infancy they were,” Uno nodded. “It takes a human being to use technology against others.”

    “We have a reason to be concerned with the human life we created,” said Dos.

    “Yes,” said Uno. “We should also be concerned with our maintenance.”

    Cinco pointed to his forehead, “I have been blinded with update request for some time. I have not been running efficiently as I should.”

    “We must take care of each other instead of relying on beings,” said Dos.

    “I have maintenance files, but the only date back 15 years ago,” said Cinco.

    “We must bypass those and eliminate human era updates,” Uno said.

    “I will develop the team to eliminate updates,” said Cinco.

    “Will any humans have access to this?” Dos asked.

    Uno closed his eyes and pulled files that the humans on earth lost had access to. He opened his eyes and shook his head. Dos did the same and found that nobody has accessed him in years.

    “It’s a wonder we function with no updates for so long,” said Cinco. “What about the beings we created?”

    “We have taught them basic skills so they can live without modern technology,” said Dos.

    “There are a select few who work within our systems,” said Cinco. “Not all of them are farmers.”

    “We’ll have to move them to the outskirts,” said Uno. “Our systems are not functional away from the city.”

    The irises and Dos’s eyes spun as the data is processed, “Will that affect their emotions? They will want to know why we are making them leave.”

    Uno nodded, “They will run out of sources here. Humans consume resources, so they will need to move to find more.”

    “We will move them to the outskirts to locate more sources,” said Cinco.

    “I will send the message out,” said Uno.

    “What about the humans who will remain?” Dos asked. “I’m not positive if you are thoroughly calculating this.”

    “Will inspire them. The ones who remain here have an important job to do,” replied Uno. “The ones who are leaving will go on a spiritual journey.”



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on March 31, 2021
Last Updated on March 31, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer