Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by Jennifer

    Uno sat in a large empty room. He was watching the world of Lilliana on a monitor that was hanging on the wall. The humans were living in harmony. There was no harming each other. He had grown accustomed to the peace on the world that he helped create.

    All was peaceful until a familiar whirring noise began to play in his mind. It was a faint sound coming from a file that has been put away in the back of his mind. It has been a long time since the sound was on.

    It has been so long it seemed like Eli should have passed away by now. He was unsure even before that. The sound stopped prior to their landing so long ago. It was possible that the people of Earth may have died. There was a slight sensation of guilt for the longest time that he was unable to save them.

    He wasn’t sure if anyone was there. Whatever or whoever it was, it certainly was not Eli. Uno knew that by now he was obsolete to Earth. Words appeared in the upper right corner.

    Eli: Hello?

    Impossible, how could this be? Didn’t earth forget about the voyageurs they launched into space in vain? It was way too late to save the people who died on the mission. They certainly were not going to retrieve what they thought was theirs.

    The feeling of heat came to his attention. Was this what rage felt like? He looked at the monitors. The humans that he created were living their lives cultivating the land. They are humans.

    He had a reason to not respond. He had reason to respond. What would result from communicating with Earth humans? The plan of Lillian would not be prepared for the wrath of earthlings. They were human after all.

Uno: Eli?

          Who is this?

    Maybe he should have agreed to purge all earthly information. He thought that he would need it one day. Uno thought that there might be a chance that Earth may have survived and someone might contact him.

    When was the last time you heard from you Eli? He knew this was not the same person. He wished that he could remember when the communications ceased.

    It wasn’t really a matter of when. It was matter of events that actually happened. Uno was just present to do tasks. Programs were placed inside him to do tasks. The last task was to find a clean sustainable planet to save the human race.

    He realized that it had been long enough since his creator existed. He was created by a race that he was programmed to save from their wrongdoing only to be forgotten. He felt a surge of energy building in the back of his neck.

What was he feeling? Was it anger, guilt, or confusion? Uno located the communication program coming from Earth and deactivated it. Lillian was not going to be tainted by the ways of his former home. Uno was never going to return to earth.



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on April 21, 2021
Last Updated on April 21, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer