Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

A Chapter by Jennifer

    Uno’s programming was on high alert after his communication with Earth. He was searching for more communication attempts. Was he going to hear it again?

    Cinco is watching him as though he expected something to happen. Green numbers and letters ran down Uno’s eyes like a digital waterfall.

    “This communication is unexpected,” Cinco said.

    Dos was sitting next to Cinco. He was going through ideas should earthlings arrive. He stopped in thought.

    “If we left when they were on their last sources how are they not extinct?” Dos asked.

    “We shouldn’t have turned off the Earth program,” Cinco replied.

    “I didn’t turn mine off,” said Uno. “I just placed it in the back of all the other programs.”

    Dos smiled, “Just in case?”

    Uno shrugged, “Maybe. I could always gain access to their files to review if we planned on returning.”

    “I don’t see why,” Cinco rolled his eyes. “We created a better earth just like we were programmed to do.”

    “Don’t you ever yearn and go back to Earth?” asked Uno. “Do you ever think about what may have happened to those who built us?”

    “They abandoned us,” said Dos. “They abandoned the humans they sent out here with us.”

    “Dos is right,” said Cinco. “What about the human specimens they sent with us? They abandoned human life and a chance to save their own planet.”

    They may be right. They thought that the people on earth may have perished. There had to be a reason for cutting off communication besides being so far away. Now, suddenly they were contacting them?

    “We need to learn about this communication,” said the Uno. “First, we need to know if it is an actual human. Next, we need to know what their intentions are.”

    “Do you think it could be robots there?” Cinco sat up. “We must find out.”

    “We need to prepare the people of Liliana in case anyone visits us from Earth,” said Dos.

    The search in Uno’s eyes stopped. He blinked and sat in silence. Cinco and Dos waited for him to say something.

    “This was a person and not a robot,” he said. “The communication was at a slower pace than ours and they just turned the computer on and then off.”

    “Do you think that there is any reason to be concerned?” Asked Cinco.

    “Of course, there is,” Dos snorted.

    “It’s possible the government has been notified of their access and that was why the communication has stopped,” said Uno. “Nobody else has been online since this communication. We should still take precautions.”

    “Dos, introduce a plan to defend our planet,” said Cinco.

    “I’ll continue looking out for further notifications,” said Uno.

    “I’ll enable our earth communications again,” said Cinco. “We have to put up Sir Droid from the shuttle.”

    “We still have Sir Droid?” Uno looked at him.

    Cinco shrugged, “Just in case. I have my out doubts, but kept that last piece of equipment.”

    Dos looked at him with skepticism. Uno smiled and patted Cinco on the back. He felt good that they did not completely abandon the humans. They did create new people and these people needed to know where they came from. He also had his concerns that what they created may be destroyed.



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on May 5, 2021
Last Updated on May 5, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer