Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

A Chapter by Jennifer

    Sierra and Dyan sat on the sofa and watched Joshua inspect the laptop. He opened the laptop and turned it on. He looked through all of the programs.

    “This is really old,” he said with fascination. “I might be able to get this online. I have to install hardware.”

    “Do we have to worry if anything will be lost?” asked Sierra.

    “No, not really” he said. “I can’t see that happening. All I’m doing is installing a new modem. Maybe more memory?”

    “Were not trying to upgrade,” said Dyan.

    “You’re going to need this to move fast to be online,” Joshua told her.

    “If we go online won’t this alert anyone?” Dyan asked.

    “It might,” Joshua sat and thought. “Do you think that there may be a backdoor?”

    Sierra quickly looked through the notebook. She stopped and tapped on a page. She handed it to Joshua.

    He took the notebook and read where Sierra pointed. He then began a search through the laptop. He stopped and grinned.

    “See, your grandfather may have communicated with Uno without needing to use government access,” Joshua explained “Each robot is connected to each of their builders or programmers.”

    “Someone must have been aware of what was going on here on earth or on the ship,” said Sierra. “Why didn’t they return?”

    “Something could have happened,” said Joshua. “They may be stranded on a planet somewhere.”

    “Now I am really interested to know what happened,” said Dyan. “I’d like you to go ahead and make the necessary changes to my grandfather’s laptop.”

    “Are you okay with leaving this here?” he asked.

    “Yes, just be careful with it,” she said.

    “Of course,” he said. “I will give you a call when it’s ready.”



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on May 6, 2021
Last Updated on May 6, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer